1. Account suspended
    Joined
    16 Aug '05
    Moves
    1307
    29 Jun '06 05:00
    A true story: a white horse jumped over a tower and landed on a priest, who immediately disappeared from the landscape.
    Where did this take place?
  2. Earth
    Joined
    27 Feb '06
    Moves
    2278
    29 Jun '06 05:05
    um... let me guess...

    is it in a game of CHESS?
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    16 Aug '05
    Moves
    1307
    29 Jun '06 05:19
    umm let me answer

    maybe

    maybe not

    ok yes

    dont worry i got more comin i just thought tht one was kool
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    16 Aug '05
    Moves
    1307
    29 Jun '06 05:21
    What's as light as smoke but strong as a brick?
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    16 Aug '05
    Moves
    1307
    29 Jun '06 05:50
    Heres another one.
    Kind of easy but I'll give you a logic question.

    Because cigars cannot be entirely smoked, a hobo who collects cigar butts can make a cigar to smoke out of every 5 butts that he finds. Today, he has collected 25 cigar butts. How many cigars will he be able to smoke?
  6. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    All My Soldiers...
    tinyurl.com/y9ls7wbl
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    29 Jun '06 06:17
    Originally posted by WeakSoss
    Heres another one.
    Kind of easy but I'll give you a logic question.

    Because cigars cannot be entirely smoked, a hobo who collects cigar butts can make a cigar to smoke out of every 5 butts that he finds. Today, he has collected 25 cigar butts. How many cigars will he be able to smoke?
    4
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    16 Aug '05
    Moves
    1307
    29 Jun '06 06:20
    guess again


    :NOTE TO ALL:
    if ur one of those stupid annoing poeple who just guess random numbers go away!
  8. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    All My Soldiers...
    tinyurl.com/y9ls7wbl
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    29 Jun '06 06:23
    Originally posted by WeakSoss
    guess again


    :NOTE TO ALL:
    if ur one of those stupid annoing poeple who just guess random numbers go away!
    Oh. 4.8. My mistake.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    16 Aug '05
    Moves
    1307
    29 Jun '06 06:37
    sry nop
  10. Joined
    21 Sep '05
    Moves
    74992
    29 Jun '06 06:41
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Oh. 4.8. My mistake.
    Good answer! I assume the intended answer is 6, but 4.8 is more precise.
  11. Earth
    Joined
    27 Feb '06
    Moves
    2278
    29 Jun '06 06:43
    i got one for ya....

    Q. where dose nothing exsist?
  12. Account suspended
    Joined
    16 Aug '05
    Moves
    1307
    29 Jun '06 06:49
    Originally posted by wernejo
    i got one for ya....

    Q. where dose nothing exsist?
    in ur head


    oo and btw 6 is the correct answer
  13. Joined
    21 Sep '05
    Moves
    74992
    29 Jun '06 07:13
    Originally posted by WeakSoss
    in ur head
    oo and btw 6 is the correct answer
    The usual response to this question is indeed 6.
    Lots of people have heard this puzzle before, which is why it is a nice surprise to meet a different answer that is also valid.

    So, here is a puzzle for you: how is 4.8 a correct answer?
  14. Joined
    11 Jun '06
    Moves
    3516
    29 Jun '06 10:33
    Originally posted by Diapason
    The usual response to this question is indeed 6.
    Lots of people have heard this puzzle before, which is why it is a nice surprise to meet a different answer that is also valid.

    So, here is a puzzle for you: how is 4.8 a correct answer?
    a person can never smoke an entire cigar (that would leave no butt)
    so he can ROLL 6 cigars but only smoke 4/5 of each (5 butts =1 cigar =>1 butt = 1/5 => smoked part = 4/5) 0.8x6=4.8
  15. B is for bye bye
    Joined
    09 Apr '06
    Moves
    27526
    30 Jun '06 23:191 edit
    Originally posted by WeakSoss
    in ur head


    oo and btw 6 is the correct answer
    It can't be because a cigar cannot be fully smoked. And if it takes 0.2 of a cigar to make a new cigar then with 25 butts he can make 5 cigars, but can only smoke 5*0.8 = 4 cigars. Then with the 5 - 0.2's of a cigar left he makes a new cigar and smokes it (but only 0.8 of it).

    ThousandYoung's answer was correct.

    EDIT: Answered before I could get to it. Darn! Too many people who understand that this question is more interesting if you want it to be.
Back to Top