1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '10 10:39
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Put a G-meter on your head, and another G-meter on your shoe. Then make a jump from (say) two meters down to a concrete floor. What G-meter do you think measures the largest G?
    Can you guess what the head-G-meter would tell? And the shoe-G-meter?
    Do you think the difference would be bigger or lesser if you hit the ground with bent knees compared if you meet the floor with stiff legs and back?

If you hit the floor with head first would there be any difference from the first question?
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Jan '10 10:50
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Do you think the difference would be bigger or lesser if you hit the ground with bent knees compared if you meet the floor with stiff legs and back?

If you hit the floor with head first would there be any difference from the first question?
    Reveal Hidden Content
    Both head and shoe would show less force with bent knees

Reveal Hidden Content
    Head first, head much higher force, feet very little force
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Jan '10 12:49
    Originally posted by uzless
    Hmm, Ok wolfgang...so if it takes the kid 1 second to come to a rest then the answer is 100 *sqrt(2) Newtons.

Man, what a thoroughly unsatisfying answer.

I was hoping for a simple 300 pounds or something. Kind of like how if you are in an airplane and the pilot banks hard right you'd feel 2 or 3 G's so you could easily just say that in the turn a 100 pound person would feel like they were 300 pounds in a 3G turn.
    Man, what a thoroughly unsatisfying answer.

Sorry. Satisfaction not always guaranteed.
    😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree