Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

1. 25 Feb '07 12:48
    Why would someone would pull a game out of the 'Open Invites' just to delete it?
  2. Standard member Mathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    25 Feb '07 15:07 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Myst
    Why would someone would pull a game out of the 'Open Invites' just to delete it?
    Just hypothetically, of course...

They think: "Ooh, a 1235-er; that should be a challenging game..."

Then they click on the player's profile, only to discover some text about 'not taking the game too seriously.'

THEN... they delete the game, and find another opponent.

I don't do this, but when I pull up a >1900 player's profile and discover that they've never lost a game, there's NO WAY I'm going to be their (engine's) next scalp... so I delete.
  3. 25 Feb '07 15:34
    Originally posted by Mathurine
    Just hypothetically, of course...

They think: "Ooh, a 1235-er; that should be a challenging game..."

Then they click on the player's profile, only to discover some text about 'not taking the game too seriously.'

THEN... they delete the game, and find another opponent.

I don't do this, but when I pull up a >1900 player's profile an ...[text shortened]... st a game, there's NO WAY I'm going to be their (engine's) next scalp... so I delete.
    Agree.

I have accepted a challenge only to find out that I don't want to play this game just to lose.
    On the other hand, sometimes I do a little research of the player before I acept the challenge only to find out that the challenge is taken by another player.

I would like an opton "Give back the game" to the Invite List.

So I understand people to accept a game just to delete it again. Sometimes there is reasons to do that.
  4. Standard member Mathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    25 Feb '07 17:34
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I would like an opton "Give back the game" to the Invite List.
    That would be a good thing, FF.

At least it would stop a flurry of pm's asking "Why did you delete the game? Were you scared???" and other stupid things of that sort.