1. Joined
    04 May '03
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 12:48
    Why would someone would pull a game out of the 'Open Invites' just to delete it?
  2. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 15:071 edit
    Originally posted by Myst
    Why would someone would pull a game out of the 'Open Invites' just to delete it?
    Just hypothetically, of course...

They think: "Ooh, a 1235-er; that should be a challenging game..."

Then they click on the player's profile, only to discover some text about 'not taking the game too seriously.'

THEN... they delete the game, and find another opponent.

I don't do this, but when I pull up a >1900 player's profile and discover that they've never lost a game, there's NO WAY I'm going to be their (engine's) next scalp... so I delete.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 15:34
    Originally posted by Mathurine
    Just hypothetically, of course...

They think: "Ooh, a 1235-er; that should be a challenging game..."

Then they click on the player's profile, only to discover some text about 'not taking the game too seriously.'

THEN... they delete the game, and find another opponent.

I don't do this, but when I pull up a >1900 player's profile an ...[text shortened]... st a game, there's NO WAY I'm going to be their (engine's) next scalp... so I delete.
    Agree.

I have accepted a challenge only to find out that I don't want to play this game just to lose.
    On the other hand, sometimes I do a little research of the player before I acept the challenge only to find out that the challenge is taken by another player.

I would like an opton "Give back the game" to the Invite List.

So I understand people to accept a game just to delete it again. Sometimes there is reasons to do that.
  4. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 17:34
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I would like an opton "Give back the game" to the Invite List.
    That would be a good thing, FF.

At least it would stop a flurry of pm's asking "Why did you delete the game? Were you scared???" and other stupid things of that sort.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree