1. Joined
    24 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 02:40
    Originally posted by Kirwan
    I heard a puzzle the other day. No trickery - just mental maths. No paper or pencil allowed.

If a man and a half dig a hole and a half in a day and a half how many holes does one man dig in a week
    😕
  2. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 09:251 edit
    Originally posted by SparrowPeeves
    you can't have half a person nor "half" of a hole because that "half" is still considered a hole...
    since it was "no trickery, just mental math", my answer was correct. see the other thread also, where he posted the same question.

edit: http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=38566
  3. Standard memberKirwan
    Mel Kirwan
    Hauxton
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 12:22
    Originally posted by crazyblue
    since it was "no trickery, just mental math", my answer was correct. see the other thread also, where he posted the same question.

edit: http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=38566
    I only posted it once! Don't keep copying and pasting it and having a dig.
    It was meant as a light hearted whimsy for when you are in the pub one night with your mates - I guarantee most will say one man digs a hole a day.
    Honestly - it's just a bit of fun - doesn't need deep analysis
  4. Standard memberKirwan
    Mel Kirwan
    Hauxton
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 12:27
    Originally posted by Kirwan
    I only posted it once! Don't keep copying and pasting it and having a dig.
    It was meant as a light hearted whimsy for when you are in the pub one night with your mates - I guarantee most will say one man digs a hole a day.
    Honestly - it's just a bit of fun - doesn't need deep analysis
    Just checked and apparently I did post it twice. Sorry. Going back to my cave whilst I try to figure out how to make this magic box thing on my desk do what I want it to.
    Apologies

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree