Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. 12 Feb '06 11:46
    She died because she packed too quickly. How did she die?
  2. Standard member celticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    12 Feb '06 12:53
    did she not pack a parachute?
  3. 12 Feb '06 12:56
    Originally posted by derts
    She died because she packed too quickly. How did she die?
    Quickly.
  4. 12 Feb '06 13:36
    Well done - try this one for size:

    A vinyl record measures 32cm across. There is a 1cm margin round the edge and a centre label, which measures 10cm across. There are 30 grooves per cm. How far does the needle travel if the record is played from start to finish?
  5. Standard member celticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    12 Feb '06 13:40
    Originally posted by derts
    Well done - try this one for size:

    A vinyl record measures 32cm across. There is a 1cm margin round the edge and a centre label, which measures 10cm across. There are 30 grooves per cm. How far does the needle travel if the record is played from start to finish?
    the needle is stationary ?
  6. 12 Feb '06 14:59
    No.
  7. Standard member leisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    12 Feb '06 16:50
    10 cm
  8. 12 Feb '06 17:22
    11cm
  9. Standard member TheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    12 Feb '06 19:45
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    10 cm
    Your needles travel in a straight line from rim to centre?

    I tihnk not, the needle is on a fixed arm, it's distance to the pivot remains the same.
  10. Standard member leisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    12 Feb '06 20:46
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    Your needles travel in a straight line from rim to centre?

    I tihnk not, the needle is on a fixed arm, it's distance to the pivot remains the same.
    Okay, you got me there 37. I must admit that my knowledge of defunct technologies such as this is quite limited. You correctly point out that not enough information is provided to give an exact answer. How does > 10 cm strike ya?
  11. Standard member TheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    13 Feb '06 20:54
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    Okay, you got me there 37. I must admit that my knowledge of defunct technologies such as this is quite limited. You correctly point out that not enough information is provided to give an exact answer. How does > 10 cm strike ya?
    Aye, I can agree with you on that
  12. 13 Feb '06 23:09
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    Your needles travel in a straight line from rim to centre?

    I tihnk not, the needle is on a fixed arm, it's distance to the pivot remains the same.
    Maybe it's one like this:
    http://www.beoworld.co.uk/beogram4000.htm
  13. Standard member Chessplaya548
    Dark Legend
    14 Feb '06 18:39
    PAcked on the pounds too quickly?