1. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 08:26
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Looks good to me. It seems there are many 6-dip solutions. Here is the one I sent to gastel:

The glasses are in one of these four states:
    UD UU UU DD
    DU DD UD DU
    (I'll call them states 1-4 respectively)

1) Dip diagonally. If glasses are in the same state, flip both. If not, flip them to UU.
    Either solves state 1, converts state 2 to 3, or co ...[text shortened]... position of the glasses by touch. I was able to solve it in 7 dips. Is there only one solution?
    Nice explanation. I arrived at a very similar solution. I don't see any way to get below 6 dips.

Gastel: Cool problem!
  2. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 13:54
    Thanks. I thought I had a solution in 5 dips, but it doesn't seem to work when I look at it again. I'll post the 5 dip solution if I can figure out why it works. It is very similar to the 6 dip solutions provided.

I like the 2 dip solution as well. Very cheeky.
  3. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 13:281 edit
    Originally posted by Gastel
    Thanks. I thought I had a solution in 5 dips, but it doesn't seem to work when I look at it again. I'll post the 5 dip solution if I can figure out why it works. It is very similar to the 6 dip solutions provided.

I like the 2 dip solution as well. Very cheeky.
    I too think this is a cool puzzle. Got me stumped 🙂

A rec for you!

EDIT: If I were still a member :p

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree