1. In Christ
    Moves
    02 May '07 15:14
    There are three doors in front of you. Only one of them leads to freedom. There's a guard at each door. One of them always tells the truth, one of them always lies, and one of them always stabs people who ask tricky questions. What should you do?
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    02 May '07 15:28
    Get a stab proof vest. Find out which one always stabs people by asking them tricky questions until one of them stabs you (put on the stab proof vest first). Work out which one lies by asking one of the remaining two which one always stabs people. Ask the one who always tells the truth which door leads to freedom.
  3. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    02 May '07 16:33
    Originally posted by Jirakon
    There are three doors in front of you. Only one of them leads to freedom. There's a guard at each door. One of them always tells the truth, one of them always lies, and one of them always stabs people who ask tricky questions. What should you do?
    Did you join this site simply to make a rubbish joke?

Fair play.
  4. Joined
    17 Mar '07
    Moves
    02 May '07 17:11
    http://xkcd.com/c246.html

So I guess in that whole thing about acknowledging sources, we were pretty much talking to ourselves, eh, Jirakon?
  5. Joined
    19 Feb '07
    Moves
    02 May '07 18:02
    If you want to know which one each of them is just ask "Do you stab people who ask tricky questions?" It's not a tricky question so the stabber will say yes and so will the liar. Only the truth teller will say no. Then you could ask him which one is the liar and which one is the stabber.
  6. In Christ
    Moves
    02 May '07 23:50
    Originally posted by CZeke
    http://xkcd.com/c246.html

So I guess in that whole thing about acknowledging sources, we were pretty much talking to ourselves, eh, Jirakon?
    I've never even seen that site before (that is, before you showed me the link). I heard this one at school. Maybe they got it from that site, but I certainly didn't. I didn't know I had to quote my friends in order to post a joke they told me. Please learn to give people the benefit of the doubt before you start accusing them.

And dottewell, I did not just make this account as a joke. I am new here, but that doesn't mean I don't intend to follow up with my account. Not all the topics on these board have to be serious.
  7. Joined
    17 Mar '07
    Moves
    03 May '07 02:322 edits
    Please learn to give people the benefit of the doubt before you start accusing them.
    I do give people the benefit of the doubt, but not when that would be naive. You've already been caught posting something unsourced. I can buy that you heard this one at school (and it can undoubtedly be traced back to someone reading xkcd), but considering how it looked, I don't feel bad for thinking otherwise. You need to earn a little credibility before you can get indignant.

(And frankly, if I were posting someone's clever remark, I *would* at least say "Here's one a friend told me".)

That said, when all your cards are on the table, I'm happy to play. I took your castling puzzle in the other thread seriously, didn't I?
  8. In Christ
    Moves
    03 May '07 15:26
    Fair enough. But really, is everything in these forums made up by the one posting? I know a lot of puzzles and riddles, and I honestly can't say I remember the source for all of them. If I were to post one of those, should I always throw in a *NOT ORIGINAL* sign?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree