Long sentence.

Long sentence.

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
11 May 05

Originally posted by outbackjill
You would have to be the most educated idiot i have come across you, are saying people don't have the skill to play this game, but you are the idiot that interupts and insists on stuffing it up for everyone who wants to play. If you don't want to play then just go away and don't play that seems to me the simple way for a educated person(lol) such as your self
I don't think you should be allowed to play. Your sentences are of admirable length but your grammar needs more work.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
11 May 05

Originally posted by Bowmann
I don't think you should be allowed to play. Your sentences are of admirable length but your grammar needs more work.
I don't think you should be allowed to play. Your sentences are of admirable length, but your grammar needs more work.

You missed out a comma in your gramma criticism ;-P

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
11 May 05

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
I don't think you should be allowed to play. Your sentences are of admirable length[b], but your grammar needs more work.

You missed out a comma in your gramma criticism ;-P[/b]
When used as a simple conjunction, the word "but" should not normally be preceded by a comma. It is considered bad form.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
11 May 05

When used as a simple conjunction, the word "but" should not normally be preceded by a comma. It is considered bad form.
Very true, but you were using it to connect two independent clauses. Therefore it's bad form to leave the comma out of the sentence.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
11 May 05

Very true, but you were using it to connect two independent clauses. Therefore it's bad form to leave the comma out of the sentence.
Incorrect. It is used to join similar clauses. The comma is not required.

o

Moves
12 May 05

You are missing the point idiot it isn't about who is smart and who isn't it is about letting people have there fun and if you don't like it there is no need to bag out what they do i haven't seen you make an attempt to start anything fun on this site yet do you even know how to let go and have fun

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
12 May 05

Originally posted by outbackjill
You are missing the point idiot it isn't about who is smart and who isn't it is about letting people have there fun and if you don't like it there is no need to bag out what they do i haven't seen you make an attempt to start anything fun on this site yet do you even know how to let go and have fun

I'm afraid it is you who is missing the point. Surely this is more fun than an actual attempt to construct a long sentence as per the original purpose of the thread. Such a sentence has to remain coherent for far longer than a dozen words. Do you really believe that could happen if left to the average poster here? Do you think that the point where the sentence failed would even be noticed?

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
12 May 05

I'm afraid it is you who is missing the point. Surely this is more fun than an actual attempt to construct a long sentence as per the original purpose of the thread. Such a sentence has to remain coherent for far longer than a dozen words. Do you really believe that could happen if left to the average poster here? Do you think that the point where the sentence failed would even be noticed?
So you're saying your idea of fun is segregating people through literal ability, pointless arguning the losing side of a discussion, writing poorly punctuated sentences and making yourself look like an obnoxious idiot?! Sounds like a blast!

Does this whole 'intellectual bullying' issue you've got stem from your own self-esteem issues, or are you really just a moron?

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
12 May 05

So you're saying your idea of fun is segregating people through literal ability, pointless arguning the losing side of a discussion, writing poorly punctuated sentences and making yourself look like an obnoxious idiot?! Sounds like a blast!

Does this whole 'intellectual bullying' issue you've got stem from your own self-esteem issues, or are you really just a moron?
You misspelled 'arguing'.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
12 May 05

You misspelled 'arguing'.
Does that mean I failed the Bowmann segregation test and I am now not allowed to participate in certain threads? ;-P

c

Mt. Doom

Moves
12 May 05

Does that mean I failed the Bowmann segregation test and I am now not allowed to participate in certain threads? ;-P
SHUT UP YOU STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID PEOPLE. (especially BOWMANN)

l

Inside the internet

Moves
12 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by chessmaster111
SHUT UP YOU STUPID STUPID STUPID........... STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID PEOPLE. (especially BOWMANN)
Calm down dear, it's only a thread on a chess site... 😉

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
12 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by link345
Calm down dear, it's only a thread on a chess site... 😉
Indeed. And your post has shown me that not everyone here is a complete fool.

I hereby award you one "I was not insulted by Bowmann" medallion.

T

Moves
12 May 05

STOP!!!!!!! Everyone, please stop!!! This is actually supposed to be FUN! Can we stop arguing so much?
(I don't care if I spelled "arguing" wrong or if I made any other mistakes!!)

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
12 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by TrollGirl28
STOP!!!!!!! Everyone, please stop!!! This is actually supposed to be FUN! Can we stop arguing so much?
(I don't care if I spelled "arguing" wrong or if I made any other mistakes!!)
But this IS fun!

Now, are you and "Damon's Son" by any chance the same person?