1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 09:171 edit
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 09:201 edit
    Which one of the following months - October, November, and December - is the longest one?

(Perhaps I should say that I'm sure of the answer if you are an European citizen. If it is the same answer applies in the rest of the world, I'm not 100% sure of. Take it as a hint or just an information.)
  3. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 10:10
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Which one of the following months - October, November, and December - is the longest one?

(Perhaps I should say that I'm sure of the answer if you are an European citizen. If it is the same answer applies in the rest of the world, I'm not 100% sure of. Take it as a hint or just an information.)
    October has an extra hour - I assume this is what you mean.
  4. Joined
    05 Jun '07
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 14:09
    Daylight Savings Time...
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 15:17
    Originally posted by twilight2007
    Daylight Savings Time...
    That's the keyword here.

Is this used throughout the world? Is it used in your country?
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 12:15
    In Australia we call it either Summer Time or Daylight Saving - although I've noticed the "s" appearing on the "Saving" recently - the legislation uses "Saving" so I think it's just like the greengrocer's apostrophe. The official acronyms are AET (Australian Eastern Time) or AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time).
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 14:43
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    That's the keyword here.

Is this used throughout the world? Is it used in your country?
    I'd suggest that countries closer to the equator have less need of daylight saving time and those nmearer the poles probably need to put their clocks back more than an hour!
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 21:19
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I'd suggest that countries closer to the equator have less need of daylight saving time and those nmearer the poles probably need to put their clocks back more than an hour!
    I hate when it's dark when I go to work, and dark when I return home. I just hate that. And I'm living only 57 degrees north, far from the pole.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree