1. Standard memberlilchristopher
    Baruk Khazad !!
    Norwich, UK
    Moves
    02 Jun '06 23:10
    Ah, I meant by the book. By coincidence you've got the right number but the wrong people. The Ringmaker was Sauron and the Orc who killed Isildur never touched the ring.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    02 Jun '06 23:28
    Originally posted by Gastel
    The Ring Maker
    Sauron
    Aragon's Ancestor
    Guy Who Attacks Aragon's Ancestor
    Smegle / Gollum's Friend
    Smegle / Gollum
    Bilbo
    Frodo
    Samwise

(Gandalf grasps it in a cloth too.)

No idea about the occasion, I was remembering from the movie.
    Gandalf touched it at least once (in "The Shadow of the Past", when he takes it from Frodo to do the fire test). Tom Bombadil touched it and put it on his finger without becoming invisible.
  3. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    02 Jun '06 23:30
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Gandalf touched it at least once (in "The Shadow of the Past", when he takes it from Frodo to do the fire test). Tom Bombadil touched it and put it on his finger without becoming invisible.
    That's right. I forgot about him (about the only part of the books that I did read.)
  4. Barad-Dur
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 14:25
    This is your final question! But is the hardest...

Which king of Gondor is bewitched by the whitch king of Angmar, he is the?(first, eleventh etc.) and who is with him when this happens.
  5. Standard memberlilchristopher
    Baruk Khazad !!
    Norwich, UK
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 17:58
    Originally posted by Evil lord Sauron
    This is your final question! But is the hardest...

Which king of Gondor is bewitched by the whitch king of Angmar, he is the?(first, eleventh etc.) and who is with him when this happens.
    Hmm not sure if bewitched is the right word, but how about Earnur ? He was only the heir when he encountered the Witch King in Arnor accompanied (among others) by Glorfindel.

But he was the 32nd King of Gondor when he rode with a small bodyguard to meet the Witch King's challenge to single combat at Minas Morgul.

Tolkein doesn't, I believe, say he was bewitched but you could argue such a rash act was caused by bewitchment.
  6. Barad-Dur
    Moves
    07 Jun '06 08:35
    And Mr Christopher is our winner!!!

For the ruuner ups here is anothe question:

Name all of the dwarves from the Hobbit that came to the council of Elrond, why are some of them not present and name the fathers of each one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree