Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Barad-Dur
    Joined
    11 Aug '05
    Moves
    159
    21 May '06 19:421 edit
    Greetings, I shall begin this nice and easy. 😏

    Gil-Galad is lord of?

    a) Mirkwood
    b) Laurelindelorenan
    c) Lindon
  2. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iViva la Hispanidad!
    tinyurl.com/y2c6j2t3
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    21 May '06 20:44
    Originally posted by Evil lord Sauron
    Greetings, I shall begin this nice and easy. 😏

    Gil-Galad is lord of?

    a) Mirkwood
    b) Laurelindelorenan
    c) Lindon
    That's not easy. I had to look it up. I could never read the Silmarillion for long. It's very boring.
  3. The sky
    Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    10385
    22 May '06 01:06
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    That's not easy. I had to look it up. I could never read the Silmarillion for long. It's very boring.
    I was able to get the answer by exclusion. I found the Silmarillion hard to read, too, or at least many parts of it. I am not even sure I have read the whole thing, even though I am a big Tolkien fan.

    b) should be "Laurelindórenan", by the way.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    22 May '06 14:19
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    That's not easy. I had to look it up. I could never read the Silmarillion for long. It's very boring.
    With the exception of ainulindale which is an unbelievable mythical masterpiece.
  5. Standard memberpadfoot
    Discombobulating...
    cloning vat
    Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    16173
    22 May '06 20:07
    exclusion waorked for me - never read the silmarillion - just th lord of the rings and the hobbit. point though - mirkwood the wood where sauron once resided is no place of lords and lindon just sounds really wrong. b) is the only logical conclusion.
  6. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    3072
    22 May '06 22:30
    Originally posted by Evil lord Sauron
    Greetings, I shall begin this nice and easy. 😏

    Gil-Galad is lord of?

    a) Mirkwood
    b) Laurelindelorenan
    c) Lindon
    C! C! C! C! C!
  7. The sky
    Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    10385
    22 May '06 22:34
    Originally posted by padfoot
    exclusion waorked for me - never read the silmarillion - just th lord of the rings and the hobbit. point though - mirkwood the wood where sauron once resided is no place of lords and lindon just sounds really wrong. b) is the only logical conclusion.
    No. Laurelindórenan is Lothlórien, which was Celeborn's and Galadriel's realm.
  8. The sky
    Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    10385
    22 May '06 22:35
    Originally posted by Palynka
    With the exception of ainulindale which is an unbelievable mythical masterpiece.
    Absolutely! I love the idea that the world was created by singing.
  9. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iViva la Hispanidad!
    tinyurl.com/y2c6j2t3
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    23 May '06 00:31
    Here's an easier one. Where are the Rings of Power at the beginning of LoTR? The Nine, the Seven, the Three and the One...
  10. Earth Prime
    Joined
    16 Mar '05
    Moves
    21936
    23 May '06 01:37
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Here's an easier one. Where are the Rings of Power at the beginning of LoTR? The Nine, the Seven, the Three and the One...
    In the hands of, elves, humans, dwarves, and sauron? What is the 'beginning' of LoTR?
  11. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iViva la Hispanidad!
    tinyurl.com/y2c6j2t3
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    23 May '06 01:47
    Originally posted by Coconut
    In the hands of, elves, humans, dwarves, and sauron? What is the 'beginning' of LoTR?
    More specifics please. No Dwarves had them.

    The beginning of LoTR is the time period in the fictional land of Middle-Earth in which the beginning of The Fellowship of the Ring is set.
  12. Earth Prime
    Joined
    16 Mar '05
    Moves
    21936
    23 May '06 01:57
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The beginning of LoTR is the time period in the fictional land of Middle-Earth in which the beginning of The Fellowship of the Ring is set.
    Well yes. The movie officially starts after bilbo has found the ring, but the story is told back as far as sauron forging it and having it cut off his hand.
  13. On the computer
    Joined
    30 Mar '06
    Moves
    675
    23 May '06 03:18
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Well yes. The movie officially starts after bilbo has found the ring, but the story is told back as far as sauron forging it and having it cut off his hand.
    Who cares about the movie?

    The movie had a green cloud of ghosts swarming battle elephants.

    But as far as I know:

    The 9 were still on the hands of the Nazgul

    The Seven were all in the possesion of Sauron

    The three belonged to Gandalf, Galadriel, and Elrond.

    I don't remember the elven names off the top of my head. Except for Gandalf's, which was called Narya. (The ring of fire?)
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    23 May '06 04:24
    Originally posted by Codfish
    Who cares about the movie?

    The movie had a green cloud of ghosts swarming battle elephants.

    But as far as I know:

    The 9 were still on the hands of the Nazgul

    The Seven were all in the possesion of Sauron

    The three belonged to Gandalf, Galadriel, and Elrond.

    I don't remember the elven names off the top of my head. Except for Gandalf's, which was called Narya. (The ring of fire?)
    You forgot the one which Bilbo had.
  15. Earth Prime
    Joined
    16 Mar '05
    Moves
    21936
    23 May '06 05:03
    Originally posted by Codfish
    Who cares about the movie?

    The movie had a green cloud of ghosts swarming battle elephants.

    But as far as I know:

    The 9 were still on the hands of the Nazgul

    The Seven were all in the possesion of Sauron

    The three belonged to Gandalf, Galadriel, and Elrond.

    I don't remember the elven names off the top of my head. Except for Gandalf's, which was called Narya. (The ring of fire?)
    The army of the dead didn't really kill those elephants?

    And don't be silly. The rings didn't do anything. They were just put in for there to be a reason to have the One.
Back to Top