Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. 05 May '08 23:47 / 1 edit
    This is an original by me. I hope you enjoy it. I haven't had time to check for all possible plays yet, so fingers crossed....



    Please PM solutions, and if you would please rate this on difficulty. thanks.

    Sorry about that crazy, I forgot the [ fen ] brackets. lol
  2. 05 May '08 23:51
    I'm not so good with the code. Can you make a fen/picture somehow?
  3. 06 May '08 02:11
    no takers? hmm. I didn't think it would be that hard of a problem...
  4. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    06 May '08 03:37
    Originally posted by strokem1
    no takers? hmm. I didn't think it would be that hard of a problem...
    I think you intend for Black to move and mate...and I don't think it takes 7 moves to get there. Sol PM'ed.
  5. 06 May '08 09:16
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I think you intend for Black to move and mate...and I don't think it takes 7 moves to get there. Sol PM'ed.
    In this problem, the colours seem not to have importance. Perhaps it's just a fen problem.
    Swap colors of the pieces and it will be white to move.
  6. 06 May '08 10:23
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I think you intend for Black to move and mate...and I don't think it takes 7 moves to get there. Sol PM'ed.
    I have mate in six for Black... several possibilities too along the way.
  7. 06 May '08 10:49
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    I have mate in six for Black... several possibilities too along the way.
    Here was what my longest original solution would have looked like
    1. ... Nc5+ 2. Ka2 Rxa4+ 3. Kb1 Bc4 4. Ne3+ Kd2 5. Nxc4+ Rxc4 6. Ka2 Ra4+ 7. Kb1 Ra1#

    But as SwissGambit pointed out you can win in 6 by playing 3. ... Kd2!! Sorry for the bum problem.