1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 May '16 22:08
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    The action of the host, since it is not random and occurs after you have made your first selection, does not change the odds.

Tell me if you agree or disagree with the following:

1. On your first selection, you are more likely to choose a door with a goat than the door leading to the car.

2, When the host opens one of the doors reve ...[text shortened]... ore likely[/i] behind the door you haven't chosen.

4. Switching is smarter than standing pat.
    Yeah, I get it that switching makes sense, and I get it that everyone else here already knew the answer. I was hoping this would go longer before someone spilled the beans, but I suppose the chance of making it to the second page before that happened was likely slim to none. 😞
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 May '16 01:35
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Yeah, I get it that switching makes sense, and I get it that everyone else here already knew the answer. I was hoping this would go longer before someone spilled the beans, but I suppose the chance of making it to the second page before that happened was likely slim to none. 😞
    The solution is counterintuitive. There will be other doubters.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 May '16 02:49
    [b]As HandyAndy politely stated...

Was my response impolite?[/b]
    NO?!?!? 🙄
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    11 May '16 04:04
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    NO?!?!? 🙄
    LoL
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    11 May '16 04:11
    The solution is counterintuitive. There will be other doubters.
    Counterintuitive solutions are the best kind. I thought I may have given a hint when I suggested 5 doors instead of 3. So take the same idea and keep adding doors until...

At some point the solution is no longer counterintuitive.
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 May '16 20:55
    Counterintuitive solutions are the best kind. I thought I may have given a hint when I suggested 5 doors instead of 3. So take the same idea and keep adding doors until...

At some point the solution is no longer counterintuitive.
    When?
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    11 May '16 23:191 edit
    When?
    It depends on who is using the method. Someone might get it when imagining 10 doors (that's when I got it) or 20 or 30 or 100.

Imagine a billion doors, you pick one and Monty opens all but yours and one other door. And behind every opened door you see a goat. Switching doors is not a 100% percent guarantee of getting the car, but it's so close to 100% that it hardly matters... you will get the car.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree