1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 06:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well, maybe I should have said, 'our universe which purportedly came from the big bang'. Sorry, that is just a theory and other theories are being cast about also. But my thing is IF the universe came from a big bang and big bangs are just the other end of a black hole in a larger universe......
    I understood you perfectly.

What our end think is a BigBang, the other end think it is a black hole.

But our parent universe doesn't have to be larger than ours.

Every generation of universe doesn't have exactly the same physics as the one before. The constants of nature (both known and not yet known by man), like the gravitational constant, speed of light and such. They differ somewhat from eachother.

IF a universe pruduce another that has not the right configuration so it can produce black holes, then no furter universe can be produced (in lack of black holes). ONLY universes with black holes can spring more universes. This is called Cosmological Evolution, or Cosmological Darwinism.
  2. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 20:08
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

Every generation of universe doesn't have exactly the same physics as the one before. The constants of nature (both known and not yet known by man), like the gravitational constant, spee ...[text shortened]... s can spring more universes. This is called Cosmological Evolution, or Cosmological Darwinism.
    Interesting! But are there any indications as to the significance of this theory?

I mean, I can bullox up some story about monkeys running in threadmills in tiny airplanes, but that doesn't mean it's relevant to our understanding of the universe. What makes this theory plausible?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 20:40
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

Every generation of universe doesn't have exactly the same physics as the one before. The constants of nature (both known and not yet known by man), like the gravitational constant, spee ...[text shortened]... s can spring more universes. This is called Cosmological Evolution, or Cosmological Darwinism.
    I am not sure what 'larger' means in a multidimensional sense.
    But what makes me think it would be 'larger' is the fact that our universe is a prodigious producer of black holes and if new universes are the other end of black holes then they would have to be making their own space independent of ours and our universe is making billions of black holes so it would seem reasonable to assume if OUR universe came from one such black hole from another universe, that universe, if the laws are anything like ours, would be producing billions of black holes in its own right. But my question is about the effect on our universe if in fact it is the other end of a black hole, what would a universe feel if two black holes collided? Would it show extra expansion like ours seems to be undergoing? That is the gist of my question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree