Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Standard membersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52874
    25 Aug '06 20:57
    Bad boys ravage our young girls but violet gives willingly.
    What ever does that mean?
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    8557
    25 Aug '06 22:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Bad boys ravage our young girls but violet gives willingly.
    What ever does that mean?
    These men are going to try to have "relations" with these women. They will say no, and fight them off. However one named violet will accept and have relations with them.
  3. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Joined
    13 Aug '05
    Moves
    5930
    25 Aug '06 22:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What ever does that mean?
    It means that you're a dinosaur.

    Who uses through-hole resistors these days?
  4. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    Just...the Dogg
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    123803
    25 Aug '06 23:52
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    It means that you're a dinosaur.

    Who uses through-hole resistors these days?
    I've seen surface-mount inductors that still use the color code.
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    09 Jun '06
    Moves
    2176
    26 Aug '06 00:22
    yep....they got it...it's the color code for resistors....I worked for radio Shack, so I know.

    Here's one that requires some training:
    True virgins make dull companions. Hint: It helps if your were in the military and flew jets.
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    8557
    26 Aug '06 00:52
    Originally posted by JokerFive
    yep....they got it...it's the color code for resistors....I worked for radio Shack, so I know.

    Here's one that requires some training:
    True virgins make dull companions. Hint: It helps if your were in the military and flew jets.
    You just answered your own question, and my answer was right.
  7. Standard membersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52874
    26 Aug '06 03:53
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    It means that you're a dinosaur.

    Who uses through-hole resistors these days?
    Actually, I used it today to make up a cable for an MKS Throttle valve controller, the cable I used had those colors available and I just went down the color code 1 to 8 ( all I needed in this case). So I threw in this little puzzle. VERY little as it turned out🙂 Glad to see people at least knew what it is.
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    8557
    26 Aug '06 03:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Actually, I used it today to make up a cable for an MKS Throttle valve controller, the cable I used had those colors available and I just went down the color code 1 to 8 ( all I needed in this case). So I threw in this little puzzle. VERY little as it turned out🙂 Glad to see people at least knew what it is.
    Thanks.
  9. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Joined
    13 Aug '05
    Moves
    5930
    26 Aug '06 04:24
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I've seen surface-mount inductors that still use the color code.
    You got me beat Dogg, all the ones I've seen have printed numbers/letters.

    Bogus edit: Or have they? Now that I say it, I think I may have seen some a while back from Coilcraft with colored dots.... 😕
  10. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Joined
    13 Aug '05
    Moves
    5930
    26 Aug '06 04:271 edit
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    It means that you're a dinosaur.

    Who uses through-hole resistors these days?
    Just kidding you btw, sonhouse. Obviously I'm a dino as well for remembering that. When I heard it, it went, "Black Bart raped our young girls but Violet gave willingly." Perhaps it sounds better in the past tense.

    EDIT: I wonder if that will get mod'ed.
  11. Standard membersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52874
    26 Aug '06 04:36
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    Just kidding you btw, sonhouse. Obviously I'm a dino as well for remembering that. When I heard it, it went, "Black Bart raped our young girls but Violet gave willingly." Perhaps it sounds better in the past tense.

    EDIT: I wonder if that will get mod'ed.
    Yeah, my electronics instructor back at Palomar College told us that one also but said the ravishing thing was less risque....
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    27 Aug '06 00:24
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    Who uses through-hole resistors these days?
    Anyone who wants to breadboard a circuit design?
  13. Standard membersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52874
    27 Aug '06 05:31
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Anyone who wants to breadboard a circuit design?
    Sure, hit me with your shest bot! I bet its near impossible though!
    Lets see: Measuring the tempurture that ice cream becomes superconducting?
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    27 Aug '06 08:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Sure, hit me with your shest bot! I bet its near impossible though!
    Lets see: Measuring the tempurture that ice cream becomes superconducting?
    What?
  15. Standard membersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52874
    27 Aug '06 11:08
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    What?
    Bteadboarding the sensors. Get it, breadboard, ice cream.... ok, I'll slink away now..
Back to Top