Mysterious message left on my doorstep:

Mysterious message left on my doorstep:

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
27 Aug 06

Originally posted by sonhouse
Bteadboarding the sensors. Get it, breadboard, ice cream.... ok, I'll slink away now..
That makes no sense at all.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Aug 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
That makes no sense at all.
It was a bit oblique..
So what did you want breadboarded?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
28 Aug 06

Originally posted by sonhouse
It was a bit oblique..
So what did you want breadboarded?
I was saying that whenever I want to test a circuit I breadboard it in response to leisurelysloth's statement that no one uses through-hole resistors anymore.

I recently made a pretty good audio amplifier using a differential amplifier setup with some output stages. All breadboarded using through hole resistors.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Aug 06
2 edits

I was saying that whenever I want to test a circuit I breadboard it in response to leisurelysloth's statement that no one uses through-hole resistors anymore.

I recently made a pretty good audio amplifier using a differential amplifier setup with some output stages. All breadboarded using through hole resistors.
Ah, yep, radioshack even sells both breadboards and resistors. I designed and built a precision 8 millivolt source to be used as a TC gauge simulator, we had previously used a variable precision millivolt power supply but it was borrowed and the owner had the nerve to want it back! I first started with just a AA cell and voltage dividers but soon learned that I could set it up to 8 millivolts ok but it lost about 10 microvolts per day as the battery aged. (It was a brand new alkyline one) So I found a precision IC voltage regulator that put out 1.032 volts exactly and used positive and negative temperature response resistors and small pots to get the 1;128 ratio I needed. All done with breadboard and readily available resistors. I put the thing in a box surrounded by a half inch of insulation and powered THAT by two AA cells so it worked out well. One of a kind for sure.
It was accurate to within 1 microvolt and held that for weeks on end without fuss or bother. After a couple of months I would check it and it was right on!
The furnace computer required a precision voltage referance that simulated the output of a TC that was in a 1300 degree C field, I think it was a 10% Rhodium/platinum, 30%/Rh set. Forget the designation. S maybe.

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
28 Aug 06

Anyone who wants to breadboard a circuit design?
'twas a joke, X. They're also useful if you want to kludge up an existing design--might save you a wire or two. Not that I'd do anything like that.... 😳

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Aug 06

Originally posted by leisurelysloth
'twas a joke, X. They're also useful if you want to kludge up an existing design--might save you a wire or two. Not that I'd do anything like that.... 😳
The funniest breadboard I ever had to do was a 400 mhz digital cirquit for the TDRSS satellite. I was ordered to breadboard this circuit and I protested, saying you can't expect a circuit running at almost microwave frequencies to run with bare wire floating around like antennae. So the boss says, just do it. So I did it. Well it turned into a giant oscillator just like I said. I couldn't believe the guy wouldn't know that up front. It had to be proved.