1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 17:211 edit
    19 (part of the date of your next post which is the next number after that sequence, the other numbers not all following this convention of course 😉 )
  2. Joined
    17 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 19:52
    Originally posted by Agerg
    19 (part of the date of your next post which is the next number after that sequence, the other numbers not all following this convention of course 😉 )
    ermmm... not sure i even follow your logic...lol...but anyway... no...sorry...it aint 19.

I am beginning to think that no-one will actually get this one...

😛
  3. Joined
    17 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Feb '07 01:50
    Hasn't anyone got any sort of idea???
  4. Joined
    15 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Feb '07 01:55
    The problem with puzzles of this nature is that they tend to be inductive in nature.

You have to determine the rule from the data, but you never can be certain, owing to the inifinte possibilities that exist, especially if one considers that rules may include arbitrary components.

I'm not saying this one or any other one is, but rules tend to be harder for others to guess than it is for someone to create it, making the crafting of puzzles of proper difficulty difficult.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Feb '07 02:05
    Originally posted by geepamoogle
    The problem with puzzles of this nature is that they tend to be inductive in nature.

You have to determine the rule from the data, but you never can be certain, owing to the inifinte possibilities that exist, especially if one considers that rules may include arbitrary components.

I'm not saying this one or any other one is, but rules tend to be ha ...[text shortened]... it is for someone to create it, making the crafting of puzzles of proper difficulty difficult.
    In other words, we give up. 😕
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Feb '07 08:07
    Originally posted by Griddle
    sorry no... and any reason?
    Because 2 (or 25) come immediately after the question "What number comes next?"
  7. Joined
    17 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Feb '07 11:19
    Originally posted by geepamoogle

I'm not saying this one or any other one is, but rules tend to be ha ...[text shortened]... it is for someone to create it, making the crafting of puzzles of proper difficulty difficult.
    Lost me there fella... it was only meant to be a bit of mental excercise.. get people thinking outside the box a little.
    It isn't any magical formula of any sorts.. I though it was just a nice puzzle which would be interesting to people due to its (sorta) connection to the game everyone here obviously enjoys playing - chess
  8. Joined
    17 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Feb '07 19:10
    Have we no historians here???
  9. Joined
    17 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 08:44
    It is REIGNING here!!
  10. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 09:51
    Originally posted by Griddle
    It is REIGNING here!!
    As soon as you gave the chessboard clue I thought it might be the length of reign of each World Champion, but then I saw 60 and 64 and discarded the idea.
  11. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 11:32
    It's the length of reign of British monarchs (most recent last).
  12. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 12:07
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Well done. I really should have got that as I collect British coins. George II's 33 year reign and George III's sixty year reign are so well known to me that those numbers should have triggered something in my brain.
  13. Joined
    17 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 13:58
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Well done.. I knew you would get there in the end

so the next number would be 55+

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree