1. Joined
    08 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 15:421 edit
    why the h&@l are there so few riddles puzzles or posers on this thing any one have some good one put them here and NO BULLS&%$ EITHER only posers, puzzles, or riddles

GOT IT😠😠

😴 now that's done here's a riddle

now suppose i start walking north
    next i walk east
    next south
    now i'm were i started
    where am i?
  2. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 17:001 edit
    Originally posted by sofar55
    why the h&@l are there so few riddles puzzles or posers on this thing any one have some good one put them here and NO BULLS&%$ EITHER only posers, puzzles, or riddles

GOT IT😠😠

next i walk east
    next south
    now i'm were i started
    where am i?
    Not an angry fellow are you?

I say you're in Oz, at the South Pole.
  3. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 17:07
    [b]why the h&@l are there so few riddles puzzles or posers on this thing any one have some good one put them here and NO BULLS&%$ EITHER only posers, puzzles, or riddles
    PS> I posted a puzzle under "Happy Puzzle" thread. Remains unsolved.
  4. Joined
    12 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 19:18

GOT IT😠😠

next i walk east
    next south
    now i'm were i started
    where am i?
    id have to say you're whereever u started ^.^
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 19:31

next i walk east
    next south
    now i'm were i started
    where am i?
    How does this not qualify as one of the pathetic riddles you railed against?
  6. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 20:01
    Originally posted by SJ247
    Not an angry fellow are you?

I say you're in Oz, at the South Pole.
    Yes. Or you're on the locus where if you walk north 1 mile, the path you walk going east is exactly 1 mile in length and is a complete circuit (lands you back where you started). This would be somewhere very close to the North Pole.

I didn't say circles, because it's possible the surface isn't perfectly flat or the cross-section circular, but you get the idea.
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 00:22

GOT IT😠😠

next i walk east
    next south
    now i'm were i started
    where am i?
    You could be anywhere!

If we assume you can walk on water and that that you do a full circumference of the earth in a northerly direction until you get back where you started, then the same in an easterly then southerly you will end up back where you started which could be anywhere you want.

πŸ˜›
  8. Joined
    24 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 20:57
    south pole
  9. Joined
    01 May '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '06 20:02
    Originally posted by PBE6
    Yes. Or you're on the locus where if you walk north 1 mile, the path you walk going east is exactly 1 mile in length and is a complete circuit (lands you back where you started). This would be somewhere very close to the North Pole.

I didn't say circles, because it's possible the surface isn't perfectly flat or the cross-section circular, but you get the idea.
    There's no answer. He didn't say how many miles he walked.

P.S: If he had, there would be a third solution. Not exactly one mile, but divisors of one mile (1/2 mile, 1/3 mile, etc.)
  10. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '06 22:20
    Originally posted by fetofs
    There's no answer. He didn't say how many miles he walked.

P.S: If he had, there would be a third solution. Not [b]exactly
    one mile, but divisors of one mile (1/2 mile, 1/3 mile, etc.)[/b]
    at first i thought so too. but he stated that after the walk he is where he started. therefore it can only be the south pole.

unless you can walk over water. then there are endless solutions: you start anywhere and walk 1 mile north, then around the earth in east direction, then 1 mile south and you are where you started.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree