Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. 28 Jun '07 18:51
    You walk to the north pole, west is on your left.
    When you cross over and turn around which side is west,left or right?
  2. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    28 Jun '07 19:22 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by mollybaker
    You walk to the north pole, west is on your left.
    When you cross over and turn around which side is west,left or right?
    Left. (I start facing north and end facing north.)
  3. 28 Jun '07 19:30
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Left. (I start facing north and end facing north.)
    Interesting profile-You joined in april but have not made a move.
    Walked to the North pole to sort this out?
  4. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    28 Jun '07 19:47
    Originally posted by mollybaker
    Interesting profile-You joined in april but have not made a move.
    Walked to the North pole to sort this out?
    Pretty easy problem, actually.
  5. Standard member EinsteinMind
    Seeker
    28 Jun '07 19:50
    Originally posted by mollybaker
    Interesting profile-You joined in april but have not made a move.
    Walked to the North pole to sort this out?
    The reason that Swiss Gambit has not made a move is because he does not play chess. He only does chess problems.
  6. 28 Jun '07 19:59
    Originally posted by EinsteinMind
    The reason that Swiss Gambit has not made a move is because he does not play chess. He only does chess problems.
    You joined later than him he needs you to speak for him?
  7. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    28 Jun '07 20:40
    Originally posted by mollybaker
    You joined later than him he needs you to speak for him?
    i think he was just trying to answer your question
  8. 28 Jun '07 21:38
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    i think he was just trying to answer your question
    Don't worry I have read a few posts from this poster, my adroit synopsis is: total nut job.
  9. 29 Jun '07 05:07
    Originally posted by mollybaker
    You walk to the north pole, west is on your left.
    When you cross over and turn around which side is west,left or right?
    If you turn 180 degrees, wouldn't west be to your right? Or when you say "turn around" do you mean one full rotation?
  10. Standard member TheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    29 Jun '07 09:51
    Originally posted by smomofo
    If you turn 180 degrees, wouldn't west be to your right? Or when you say "turn around" do you mean one full rotation?
    Nope, in crossing the north pole north isn't in front of you anymore.
  11. 29 Jun '07 17:45 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    Nope, in crossing the north pole north isn't in front of you anymore.
    But when you turn around it is.
  12. 29 Jun '07 18:30
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    Nope, in crossing the north pole north isn't in front of you anymore.
    Oh, I get it. I was thinking of the western hemisphere. I don't know why.