1. Joined
    02 Mar '04
    Moves
    223
    07 May '04 20:16
    What famus number sequence can you make out of this๐Ÿ™‚
    a,a,b,c,e,h,m,v Give me a call if you need help
  2. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Joined
    04 Jul '02
    Moves
    3790
    08 May '04 10:41
    Originally posted by DumDum81
    What famus number sequence can you make out of this๐Ÿ™‚
    a,a,b,c,e,h,m,v Give me a call if you need help
    Fibonacci
  3. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Joined
    29 Nov '02
    Moves
    17317
    08 May '04 18:541 edit
    Originally posted by Acolyte
    Fibonacci
    It would have to be an altered Fibonacci sequence though, like:

    a(0) = 1
    a(1) = 1
    a(n) = [a(n-1) + a(n-2)] mod 26

  4. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Joined
    04 Jul '02
    Moves
    3790
    08 May '04 20:361 edit
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    It would have to be an altered Fibonacci sequence though, like:

    a(0) = 1
    a(1) = 1
    a(n) = [a(n-1) + a(n-2)] mod 26

    That's just a matter of a group homomorphism. More seriously, for your sequence and mine the 8th term would be 'u' and not 'v' ๐Ÿ˜•
  5. The moral highground
    Joined
    06 May '04
    Moves
    34144
    08 May '04 22:56
    a,a,b,c,e,h,m,v
    1,1,2,5,8,13,16
  6. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Joined
    29 Nov '02
    Moves
    17317
    08 May '04 22:59
    Originally posted by Acolyte
    That's just a matter of a group homomorphism. More seriously, for your sequence and mine the 8th term would be 'u' and not 'v' ๐Ÿ˜•
    Oh dear.
  7. The moral highground
    Joined
    06 May '04
    Moves
    34144
    08 May '04 23:13
    Wat is wrong with my answer a=1 b=2 c=3 and so on?
    please explain how i am wrong
  8. Antarctica
    Joined
    09 Dec '03
    Moves
    14795
    09 May '04 12:191 edit
    well, i think you missed to write the 3 of c=3.
    v had to be 21.
    for the fibonaccis.
    But it is the 22nd (!) letter
  9. Joined
    02 Mar '04
    Moves
    223
    10 May '04 19:26
    Sry Acolyte:'(
Back to Top