1. Berea Abbyss School
    Moves
    20 Oct '03 14:43
    Three Martians land in a vast open area, near a river. Three campers find the Martians and want to take them to a nearby city. However, before they can get to the camper's truck, they must cross a river in a small fishing boat. The boat will hold only two eings (human or Martians) at one time. The number of Martians can never exceed the number of campers on either side of the river (even if sitting in the boat); however, the Martians can be by themselves.

1. Tell exactly how the three campers and three Martians cross the river.

2. Explain how you solved this problem. Use complete sentences.
  2. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    20 Oct '03 14:53
    quick question, are they only unloading one being at a time, as someone has to get the boat back?
  3. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    20 Oct '03 17:23
    Originally posted by Lord Burn
    Three Martians land in a vast open area, near a river. Three campers find the Martians and want to take them to a nearby city. However, before they can get to the camper's truck, they must cross a river in a small fishing boat. The boat will hold only two eings (human or Martians) at one time. The number of Martians can never exceed the number of ...[text shortened]... ee Martians cross the river.

2. Explain how you solved this problem. Use complete sentences.
    1. Two martians to side B
    2. One martian back to side A
    3. Two martians to side B
    4. One martian back to side A
    5. Two campers to side B
    6. One camper and one martian back to side A
    7. Two campers to side B
    8. One martian back to side A
    9. Two martians to side B
    10. One martian back to side A
    11. Two martians to side B.

How I got this? Started with 1, and the rest followed because there have to be at least as much campers as martians on a side...And the first move was just a guess.
  4. Berea Abbyss School
    Moves
    23 Oct '03 02:56
    Thanks Buddy😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree