Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Standard member jimmyb270
    Top Gun
    07 Apr '05 15:48
    Warning: This may well drive you to distraction (it did me, but I got it in the end)

    http://crux.baker.edu/cdavis09/roses.html#background
  2. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    07 Apr '05 16:35
    I was about to start using a matrix when it hit me! Cool puzzle.
  3. 07 Apr '05 17:05
    pretty simple. i'd think of changing the name.
  4. Standard member The Plumber
    Leak-Proof
    07 Apr '05 17:21
    Supposedly, the smarter you are, the harder this one is to figure out. It took me a couple days (this is at least the second time this has shown up in this forum).
  5. 07 Apr '05 17:25
    if that's true, i must be as dumb as they get.


    honestly, i'm one hell of a problem solver. without spoiling anything, i could've really been lost in math for days if i went down the wrong path.
  6. Standard member The Plumber
    Leak-Proof
    07 Apr '05 17:47
    Interesting website with a nice Java application for playing the game. Has an interesting story about Bill Gates and Petals Around the Rose. (My source for the comment about intelligence and speed for solving the problem.)

    http://www.borrett.id.au/computing/petals-bg.htm
  7. 07 Apr '05 17:58
    Yeah, I read through that one. Amazing, Gates' memory.
  8. Standard member PBE6
    Bananarama
    07 Apr '05 18:53
    Damnit, I'm stupid. It took me about 2 minutes to figure out.
  9. Standard member The Plumber
    Leak-Proof
    07 Apr '05 18:57
    Originally posted by PBE6
    Damnit, I'm stupid. It took me about 2 minutes to figure out.
    lol

    (hey! It took me 2 days - I have to find consolation where I can.)
  10. Standard member TheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    07 Apr '05 19:59
    Took me a week when I first saw it. When I solved it I calculated my way to the solution. Only then did I see the obvious way and the relation to the title :p
  11. Standard member The Plumber
    Leak-Proof
    07 Apr '05 22:00 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    Took me a week when I first saw it. When I solved it I calculated my way to the solution. Only then did I see the obvious way and the relation to the title :p
    I bow to your clearly superior intellect.....
  12. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    08 Apr '05 07:39
    It took me a long time, but I finally got it.
  13. Standard member TheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    08 Apr '05 08:18
    Originally posted by The Plumber
    I bow to your clearly superior intellect.....
    Lol, thanks...I guess :p
  14. Standard member Alcra
    Lazy Sod
    08 Apr '05 10:09
    I must be as dumb as a doorbell. Took about 30 seconds.
  15. Standard member Alcra
    Lazy Sod
    11 Apr '05 08:56
    Originally posted by The Plumber
    Interesting website with a nice Java application for playing the game. Has an interesting story about Bill Gates and Petals Around the Rose. (My source for the comment about intelligence and speed for solving the problem.)

    http://www.borrett.id.au/computing/petals-bg.htm
    Funny thing was, Gates thought it was "peDals around the roses"...