1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 05:52
    Originally posted by duecer
    For that matter "who?" would also be a reasonable question.
    If "Who?" is a reasonable question, would "Who me?" be an unreasonable question?
  2. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 12:17
    wuh?
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 23:51
    Originally posted by doodinthemood
    wuh?
    Good one!
  4. Joined
    20 Nov '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 06:03
    Before you judge what I have to say: I have read plato descartes and have taken courses in Philosophy, Psychology and Sociology. I am not trying to be an ----hole I am being honest. Here is the real answer: Dont waste your time. Philosophers are pretentious douchebags who overcomplicate the meaning of words to try and fulfill their superiority complex. You search your entire life for the answer which we as humans physically attached to this world will never be able to deduce. Even if you do find the answer late in life then you will have wasted your life thinking instead of doing. Go play a sport, read a book, kiss a girl because once its over it is over. As one pretentious douchebag put it the meaning of life is to be happy. Its as simple as that. (Don't hate me I am trying to put things into perspective and I have an extensive background in philosophy.) 🙂
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 05:50
    Originally posted by trotsky1990
    Before you judge what I have to say: I have read plato descartes and have taken courses in Philosophy, Psychology and Sociology. I am not trying to be an ----hole I am being honest. Here is the real answer: Dont waste your time. Philosophers are pretentious douchebags who overcomplicate the meaning of words to try and fulfill their superiority complex. Y ...[text shortened]... am trying to put things into perspective and I have an extensive background in philosophy.) 🙂
    Correct answer. 100% right. A+ grade and extra credit awarded. (except for the part of the kissing being over when it's over, but no one is perfect)
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 14:12
    Originally posted by coquette
    Why?
    http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=1672#comic
  7. Going where needed.
    Moves
    28 Oct '09 21:55
    Why?
    Tiger got to hunt,
    bird got to fly.
    Man got to sit 'n' wonder "Why, why, why?"
    Tiger got to sleep,
    Bird got to land,
    Man got to tell himself he understand.

Go Kurt Vonnegut.

Another from Kurt, in response to "Why bother?":

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'"
  8. San Francisco, CA US
    Moves
    28 Oct '09 23:44
    rec'd

It's time to move on to "How?"
    How is second to last. I guess there are no journalism students here. We know that a story's lead must answer the following questions: Who, what, where, when, how and why.

Give your best answer and let the editor sort it out.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 21:02
  10. Joined
    02 Mar '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 16:48
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    By Douglas, I believe this is the best response we've seen so far! 😉 (though Vonnegut does rule, too.)
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 14:491 edit
    Correct answer. 100% right. A+ grade and extra credit awarded. (except for the part of the kissing being over when it's over, but no one is perfect)
    We get kisses for extra credit Miss Ette?! 😵

The answer to your philosophical question is either 42 or entropy.
  12. Rossville, Georgia
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 06:54
    It cannot be "what"--that's the name of cousin It and his wife's baby.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree