Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    19 Sep '08 20:273 edits
    I have created Club 164 for composers and solvers of chess problems. This would allow composers, like Jirakon, to show originals without 'publishing' them. [If they are posted in a public forum, they cannot be submitted as an original to a chess problem magazine.]

    I would also like a forum where I could post as many problems for solving as I wanted, without concern about spamming complaints. We could even have a solving competition.

    If we can get 20 members, we can have a forum. Apply here: Club 164.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    19 Sep '08 22:38
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I have created Club 164 for composers and solvers of chess problems. This would allow composers, like Jirakon, to show originals without 'publishing' them. [If they are posted in a public forum, they cannot be submitted as an original to a chess problem magazine.]

    I would also like a forum where I could post as many problems for solving as ...[text shortened]... mpetition.

    If we can get 20 members, we can have a forum. Apply here: Club 164.
    We're up to 4 members so far: strokem1, crazyblue, and Jirakon joined.
  3. In Christ
    Joined
    30 Apr '07
    Moves
    172
    19 Sep '08 23:39
    Many thanks. This is the sort of loophole I've been hoping for for a while.
  4. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    48477
    19 Sep '08 23:44
    Hi guys. I'm not really good at compositions or anything, but here is an amazing one I found surfing the web.
    (This is not my page, and I'm not trying to sell you anything. 🙂 )http://www.edcollins.com/chess/under-promote.htm


    "The author is Mark Libiurkin and it is not surprising
    to discover this composition won first prize in a
    composing tourney in 1933."
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    20 Sep '08 01:59
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    Hi guys. I'm not really good at compositions or anything, but here is an amazing one I found surfing the web.
    (This is not my page, and I'm not trying to sell you anything. 🙂 )http://www.edcollins.com/chess/under-promote.htm


    "The author is Mark Libiurkin and it is not surprising
    to discover this composition won first prize in a
    composing tourney in 1933."
    You don't have to be good at composition to join the club. You don't even have to post in the forum. Just apply so we can get 20 members. 🙂
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    20 Sep '08 07:33
    Now up to 14 members. With luck, we'll have filled the thing within 24 hours of its founding.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    20 Sep '08 16:20
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Now up to 14 members. With luck, we'll have filled the thing within 24 hours of its founding.
    Success! I just approved 7 more members and created the forum. It can be quickly accessed from the Forums -> My Private Forums dropdown menu.
  8. Standard membersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52874
    22 Sep '08 14:452 edits
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    Hi guys. I'm not really good at compositions or anything, but here is an amazing one I found surfing the web.
    (This is not my page, and I'm not trying to sell you anything. 🙂 )http://www.edcollins.com/chess/under-promote.htm


    "The author is Mark Libiurkin and it is not surprising
    to discover this composition won first prize in a
    composing tourney in 1933."
    Looks like your play to win starts with the rook sac, Rxg7+, KxR
    R-G1 + If K-h1, B-F6#
    so K-H6
    Q-e3 + K-h5
    R-G5+ QXR
    QXQ #
    Nice chess site BTW!
  9. Joined
    29 Nov '07
    Moves
    0
    15 Nov '08 18:22
    This private club is offensive, and unsuitable.
    treat as poison
  10. Joined
    26 Nov '07
    Moves
    1085
    16 Nov '08 22:341 edit
    In response to the initial post:

    Out of interest, why do you find it necessary to start a private forum for this? Why not just post here?
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    16 Nov '08 23:45
    Originally posted by Swlabr
    In response to the initial post:

    Out of interest, why do you find it necessary to start a private forum for this? Why not just post here?
    Re-read the opening post for answers.
  12. Joined
    26 Nov '07
    Moves
    1085
    17 Nov '08 09:19
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Re-read the opening post for answers.
    I was tired...😛
Back to Top