1. Joined
    25 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 May '08 11:10
    A few days ago I posted here a proof game, but it was in reply to another post and I think many people missed it (nobody solved it!). So I post it here again... sorry if you already saw it in the other post. If you didn't see it there, don't do so now, since in that post there is a hint to the solution.

Proof game in 13.5 moves
  2. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    26 May '08 11:18
    Originally posted by David113
    A few days ago I posted here a proof game, but it was in reply to another post and I think many people missed it (nobody solved it!). So I post it here again... sorry if you already saw it in the other post. If you didn't see it there, don't do so now, since in that post there is a hint to the solution.

[fen]rn1r3k/1pp2ppp/8/8/4P3/5r2/P1P2PP1/RNBQK1NR[/fen]

Proof game in 13.5 moves
    I saw it, but it was dedicated to S-G.
  3. Joined
    25 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 May '08 12:45
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    I saw it, but it was dedicated to S-G.
    That doesn't mean others can't solve it too🙂
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 May '08 16:512 edits
    Originally posted by David113
    That doesn't mean others can't solve it too🙂
    I've been working on it off and on, but these 'massacre' type PGs always give me trouble.

Edit: Just the fact that Labelle is a co-author is always a sign of trouble - he's more a programmer than a composer. His co-authorship is a sure sign that this is the type of problem that humans can't get sound without computer help.
  5. Joined
    25 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 May '08 19:471 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I've been working on it off and on, but these 'massacre' type PGs always give me trouble.

Edit: Just the fact that Labelle is a co-author is always a sign of trouble - he's more a programmer than a composer. His co-authorship is a sure sign that this is the type of problem that humans can't get sound without computer help.
    Actually, the authors list as I gave it ("Itamar Faybish / Göran Wicklund / François Labelle & Alexandre Leroux" ) means that this problem was composed independently by 3 teams:
    1. Faybish
    2. Wicklund
    3. Labelle & Leroux
    All 3 teams composed very similar PGs in response to a challenge (After the problem is solved I'll say what the challenge was), so it was decided to choose one version and publish it under the 4 names together. Which means, the problem was composed independently by two 1-man teams which did not include Labelle... so maybe the situation isn't so bad.
    If I remember correctly, this problem indeed is not C+ - computers have problems with the large number of captures.
  6. In Christ
    Moves
    27 May '08 19:08
    SOLV'D, though I must admit the hint from the previous thread was a big help.
  7. Joined
    25 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 May '08 23:19
    Originally posted by Jirakon
    SOLV'D, though I must admit the hint from the previous thread was a big help.
    CONFIRM'D
  8. Backside of desert
    Moves
    02 Jun '08 18:17
    It's almost a month since the first post (in this thread).

I can't get it less than 14.5, can any one help me.
  9. In Christ
    Moves
    02 Jun '08 19:26
    The hint on the previous thread should help. Did you see what that was?
  10. Backside of desert
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 21:33
    Originally posted by Jirakon
    The hint on the previous thread should help. Did you see what that was?
    If you are talking about "rundlauf" (did I spell that correctly?) either I don't understand it, or it's not helping me enough.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree