1. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    1692
    19 Nov '06 13:031 edit
    1) How far can you walk into a forest?
    2) A train crashes on the border between Spain and Portugal. Where do the bury the surviviors?
    3) Leonardo Da Vinci dropped a glass ball from 20 feet high. why didn't it shatter?
    4) Dr. Watson was drinking at Christmas when a ball of ice smashed the window. He saw three boys running away- Mark, Sam and Dan. He recieved a piece of paper the next day saying: ?
    Who broke the window?
    5) Complete the sequence, 1 2 3 5 8...
    These are easy but good luck. If you get one or less I'm suprised you can play chess.
  2. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    1692
    19 Nov '06 15:381 edit
    By the way, my last comment was just that they don't require that much logic. It isn't meant to offend.
  3. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    19 Nov '06 17:06
    Originally posted by Black Queen
    By the way, my last comment was just that they don't require that much logic. It isn't meant to offend.
    Well I know the answers to 1, 2 and 5. I'm guessing that the answer to 3 is
    that he dropped it into a soft substance. A pillow perhaps or maybe a pool of water. And I'm guessing that the answer to 4 is Moriarty.
  4. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    1692
    19 Nov '06 17:15
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Well I know the answers to 1, 2 and 5. I'm guessing that the answer to 3 is
    that he dropped it into a soft substance. A pillow perhaps or maybe a pool of water. And I'm guessing that the answer to 4 is Moriarty.
    You made me laugh on your answer to 4) but it is one of the boys. Read the note aloud. Your answer to 3) is right- but he could also have dropped it from 4 feet down to 3.9 feet e.g. onto a table. Also, please post the other answers if you have them. Thanks.
    BQ
  5. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    19 Nov '06 17:20
    Originally posted by Black Queen
    You made me laugh on your answer to 4) but it is one of the boys. Read the note aloud. Your answer to 3) is right- but he could also have dropped it from 4 feet down to 3.9 feet e.g. onto a table. Also, please post the other answers if you have them. Thanks.
    BQ
    I was guessing that '?' was Moriarty's calling card. That was my logic behind that. I will have to give it some more thought. Mark perhaps. 'Question Mark!'
    Other answers:
    1) You can walk half way into a forest.
    2) The survivors would not have been buried.
    3) As stated above.
    4) Mark.
    5) 13. The next answer is the sum of the previous two. 5 + 8 = 13
  6. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    1692
    19 Nov '06 17:27
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    I was guessing that '?' was Moriarty's calling card. That was my logic behind that. I will have to give it some more thought. Mark perhaps. 'Question Mark!'
    Other answers:
    1) You can walk half way into a forest.
    2) The survivors would not have been buried.
    3) As stated above.
    4) Mark.
    5) 13. The next answer is the sum of the previous two. 5 + 8 = 13
    Well done. And Mark is correct. I'll add some more riddles:
    1) Add another name to the sequence;
    Angus
    Cathy
    Elijah
    George
    Imogen
    2) Without going through this process, te;ll me the answer you get.
    Pick a number(x).
    Divide it by 2
    Add 3
    Add 2
    Minus 5
    Multiply by 2.
  7. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    19 Nov '06 17:33
    Originally posted by Black Queen
    Well done. And Mark is correct. I'll add some more riddles:
    1) Add another name to the sequence;
    Angus
    Cathy
    Elijah
    George
    Imogen
    2) Without going through this process, te;ll me the answer you get.
    Pick a number(x).
    Divide it by 2
    Add 3
    Add 2
    Minus 5
    Multiply by 2.
    1. Karl
    2. Without going through the process, the result would be no number, because I wouldn't have even got around to picking a number.
  8. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    1692
    19 Nov '06 17:57
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    1. Karl
    2. Without going through the process, the result would be no number, because I wouldn't have even got around to picking a number.
    The answer is x. Try it and see. But technically you are right. Give me some of your riddles.
  9. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    19 Nov '06 18:00
    Originally posted by Black Queen
    The answer is x. Try it and see. But technically you are right. Give me some of your riddles.
    I only have old, clichéd riddles that have been posted here a hundred times before. Sorry.
  10. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    1692
    19 Nov '06 18:25
    Oh well.
  11. B is for bye bye
    Joined
    09 Apr '06
    Moves
    27526
    19 Nov '06 18:49
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    I only have old, clichéd riddles that have been posted here a hundred times before. Sorry.
    That doesn't stop anyone else. Good on you, for something original. Thanks for not posting the same drivel over and over and over.

    Outlook good.
  12. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    1692
    19 Nov '06 19:05
    Yes, but I've tried to do ones I don't think are on here at the moment. I am really getting sick of the "2 men 2 doors" one. I have read at least five threads in as many pages about it.
  13. Joined
    15 Apr '05
    Moves
    1070
    21 Nov '06 21:57
  14. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    1692
    22 Nov '06 19:46
    Originally posted by tin66
    Thanks for that fantastic eloquence!
Back to Top