1. Ireland
    Joined
    01 Apr '03
    Moves
    13905
    02 May '03 02:48
    1 1 1=3
    2 2 2=3
    3 3 3=3
    4 4 4=3
    5 5 5=3
    6 6 6=3
    7 7 7=3
    8 8 8=3
    9 9 9=3

    using just things from a scientific calculator make all of the above maths equations true

    eg
    1+1+1=3
    2+(2/2)=3

  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    02 May '03 22:43
    Originally posted by villa68
    1 1 1=3
    2 2 2=3
    3 3 3=3
    4 4 4=3
    5 5 5=3
    6 6 6=3
    7 7 7=3
    8 8 8=3
    9 9 9=3

    using just things from a scientific calculator make all of the above maths equations true

    eg
    1+1+1=3
    2+(2/2)=3

    -( (3/3) - 3) = 3
    (?4) / (?4) + (?4) = 3
    -( cos(5!) * 5 + cos(5!) ) = 3
    cos(6!) + cos(6!) + cos(6!) = 3
    cos(7!) + cos(7!) + cos(7!) = 3
    cos(8!) + cos(8!) + cos(8!) = 3
    -( ( (?9) / (?9) ) - (?9) ) = 3 OR cos(9!) + cos(9!) + cos(9!) = 3

    Is that what you were looking for?
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    02 May '03 23:47
    Originally posted by Crowley
    -( (3/3) - 3) = 3
    (?4) / (?4) + (?4) = 3
    -( cos(5!) * 5 + cos(5!) ) = 3
    cos(6!) + cos(6!) + cos(6!) = 3
    cos(7!) + cos(7!) + cos(7!) = 3
    cos(8!) + cos(8!) + cos(8!) = 3
    -( ( (?9) / (?9) ) - (?9) ) = 3 OR cos(9!) + cos(9!) + cos(9!) = 3

    Is that what you were looking for?
    The "?" are supposed to be the squareroot sign.
  4. Standard membergodzillion
    (dandan)
    State College, PA
    Joined
    06 May '02
    Moves
    32692
    03 May '03 15:20
    How about:
    3 + 3 - 3 = 3
    4 - (4/4) = 3
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    03 May '03 20:21
    Originally posted by godzillion
    How about:
    3 + 3 - 3 = 3
    4 - (4/4) = 3
    Probably a tad simpler innit...
  6. Ireland
    Joined
    01 Apr '03
    Moves
    13905
    07 May '03 00:31
    the simplist answer is

    to put everything to the power of 0
    cos everything to the power of 0 is 1

    🙂

  7. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    12969
    07 May '03 18:53
    Originally posted by villa68
    the simplist answer is

    to put everything to the power of 0
    cos everything to the power of 0 is 1

    🙂

    but where do all the zero's come from? I'd assume the only numbers allowed would be the three defined. by the way, for 9,9,9, there's
    square_root( 9 * 9 ) / square_root( 9 )
  8. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Joined
    12 Mar '02
    Moves
    15128
    07 May '03 20:56
    but when you don't enter a number, does it not usually take it to be 0?
  9. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    12969
    07 May '03 21:27
    Originally posted by genius
    but when you don't enter a number, does it not usually take it to be 0?
    Not on a scientific calculator. or not on mine at least. When you hit the 'x to power y' button, there isn't a default y.
Back to Top