1. Joined
    09 Feb '05
    Moves
    6175
    23 Oct '05 21:43
    1 7 3 2 5 5 1
    1 9 8 6 4 2 2
    2 3 1 8 8 4 2
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
  2. Joined
    12 Aug '05
    Moves
    2866
    24 Oct '05 16:37
    Originally posted by slippytoad
    1 7 3 2 5 5 1
    1 9 8 6 4 2 2
    2 3 1 8 8 4 2
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    I've been staring at this a good part of the morning but am getting nowhere. Any hints?
  3. Joined
    09 Feb '05
    Moves
    6175
    25 Oct '05 06:57
    Originally posted by perihelion
    I've been staring at this a good part of the morning but am getting nowhere. Any hints?
    i'll give you one of the digits:

    1 7 3 2 5 5 1
    1 9 8 6 4 2 2
    2 3 1 8 8 4 2
    _ _ 2 _ _ _ _
  4. Joined
    12 Aug '05
    Moves
    2866
    28 Oct '05 03:13
    Originally posted by slippytoad
    i'll give you one of the digits:

    1 7 3 2 5 5 1
    1 9 8 6 4 2 2
    2 3 1 8 8 4 2
    _ _ 2 _ _ _ _
    I got no freakin clue. I've tried everything I can think of, even assigning each number to a musical note and seeing if it makes a recognizable tune. It didn't.

    Is it something really simple or is it something confusing where everything depends on everything else and we need to solve some sort of matrix equation to get the answer?

    Or is it just random?
  5. Standard membergaurav2711
    walking...
    ...back
    Joined
    21 Aug '05
    Moves
    27002
    28 Oct '05 07:03
    Originally posted by slippytoad
    i'll give you one of the digits:

    1 7 3 2 5 5 1
    1 9 8 6 4 2 2
    2 3 1 8 8 4 2
    _ _ 2 _ _ _ _
    is it some kinda sequence? Doesnt appear like one. I mean if u were to give us the 4th line....is there a way to get to the 5th and so on? If yes....then i think u should give us the 4th line. If not, even then, i'd rather u give us the 4th line. 😉
  6. Standard membergaurav2711
    walking...
    ...back
    Joined
    21 Aug '05
    Moves
    27002
    29 Oct '05 08:16
    Originally posted by gaurav2711
    is it some kinda sequence? Doesnt appear like one. I mean if u were to give us the 4th line....is there a way to get to the 5th and so on? If yes....then i think u should give us the 4th line. If not, even then, i'd rather u give us the 4th line. 😉
    hello!!! Slippytoad??? U slipped out or wat?? Give it man.
  7. Joined
    09 Feb '05
    Moves
    6175
    29 Oct '05 21:21
    here is the fourth line. you can go on forever from here.

    1 7 3 2 5 5 1
    1 9 8 6 4 2 2
    2 3 1 8 8 4 2
    4 9 2 8 7 3 4
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
  8. Joined
    11 Feb '05
    Moves
    20163
    30 Oct '05 16:15
    is this something with no logical sequence like the digits of pi, starting at the 12th or something?
  9. Joined
    09 Feb '05
    Moves
    6175
    02 Nov '05 04:26
    no, there is a mathematical way to determine the next line, then the next, ad infinitum.
  10. Joined
    09 Feb '05
    Moves
    6175
    06 Nov '05 04:34
    wow. simple math. stumped?
  11. Standard membergaurav2711
    walking...
    ...back
    Joined
    21 Aug '05
    Moves
    27002
    06 Nov '05 07:07
    Originally posted by slippytoad
    wow. simple math. stumped?
    stumped??? 🙄 ....u bet!! but i am not giving up. Will give it anthr shot.
  12. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Joined
    26 May '04
    Moves
    25780
    06 Nov '05 12:47
    Every time I think I have something, it evaporates after a couple of digits. My head hurts.
  13. Under Cover
    Joined
    25 Feb '04
    Moves
    28912
    06 Nov '05 13:01
    Originally posted by slippytoad
    wow. simple math. stumped?
    And Copperfield uses "simple" props, but you have to know how they work...
    I'm sure once this is solved (or when you let us in on it) it will appear very simple.😕
  14. Joined
    09 Feb '05
    Moves
    6175
    06 Nov '05 21:52
    Originally posted by BLReid
    And Copperfield uses "simple" props, but you have to know how they work...
    I'm sure once this is solved (or when you let us in on it) it will appear very simple.😕
    i'm not trying to appear rude. i was hoping someone would latch on to the solution. 🙂 it's even possible i mucked something up, so i'll have a second look.
  15. Joined
    17 Oct '05
    Moves
    582
    07 Nov '05 07:07
    Originally posted by slippytoad
    here is the fourth line. you can go on forever from here.

    1 7 3 2 5 5 1
    1 9 8 6 4 2 2
    2 3 1 8 8 4 2
    4 9 2 8 7 3 4
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    i'm guessing that may b there is a sequence each number in the line.

    Is the first number 8?

    1 7 3 2 5 5 1
    1 9 8 6 4 2 2
    2 3 1 8 8 4 2
    4 9 2 8 7 3 4
    8 _ _ _ _ _ _
Back to Top