1. Joined
    08 Jul '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '04 03:05
    Here aere some riddles they're pretty easy but oh well.

1. A man says everything he tells you is a lie. Is he lying?

2.A boy and his father are driving on the highway when the car crashes. the father dies immediately and the son is rushed to emergency care. When there the doctor says "I can't operate on him, he's my son!" how is this possible?

3.A woman shoots her husband, holds him in liquid , and then hangs him. 15 minutes later the two happily go to dinner. how is this possible?

4.how many letters are there in the alphabet?

5.you are being chased by 3 asassins when you come upon 3 doors. The first door leads to a room full of more asassins. the second door leads to a pack of lions who havent eaten in 3 years. the third door leads to a bunch of evil swordsmen. which door should you go through?
  2. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Moves
    28 Nov '04 18:191 edit
    Originally posted by Killyourking
    Here aere some riddles they're pretty easy but oh well.

1. A man says everything he tells you is a lie. Is he lying?

2.A boy and his father are driving on the highway when the car crashes. the father dies immediately and the so ...[text shortened]... ds to a bunch of evil swordsmen. which door should you go through?
    1. Some possible answers: Yes - he also told me something true. No - the man is deluded or has a poor grasp of English. (Lying = saying something you believe to be untrue.)

2. The doctor is the child's mother.

3. Shoot = take a picture, and the two 'him's refer to the photo of him.

4. Which alphabet? Or do you mean, how many letters are there in 'the alphabet'? Very ambiguous.

5. The second door - I'm not afraid of dead lions.
  3. Standard memberFat mans revenge
    Pennywise Says Hi
    Up from mainstream
    Moves
    29 Nov '04 03:00
    It appears Acolyte has already answered most of them. Except 5.

5)Turn around. Chances are better with three assassins that with any of the other choices.
  4. Joined
    08 Jul '04
    Moves
    29 Nov '04 03:37
    all right except number 1. Answer is yes he is lying because he just told you that everything he says to you is a lie, so that would have to be the truth. If he tells the truth then not everything he said was a lie.
  5. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Moves
    29 Nov '04 13:47
    Originally posted by Killyourking
    all right except number 1. Answer is yes he is lying because he just told you that everything he says to you is a lie, so that would have to be the truth. If he tells the truth then not everything he said was a lie.
    Erm, that doesn't quite work - if he ONLY says to me 'Everything I say to you is a lie' then there is no consistent way of assigning truth or falsehood to that (assuming the man is not deluded etc.).
  6. FORT WORTH
    Moves
    02 Dec '04 03:22
    !.yes because he cant tell the truth😏
  7. FORT WORTH
    Moves
    02 Dec '04 03:26
    2. the doctor is his mom😏
  8. FORT WORTH
    Moves
    02 Dec '04 03:28
    5. go through the door with starving lions because they should be dead anyway after not eating in three years😏
  9. FORT WORTH
    Moves
    02 Dec '04 03:30
    4. the alphabet 11😏
  10. FORT WORTH
    Moves
    02 Dec '04 03:33
    3. oh i got it the second time around the shot her husband or took his picture held him in liquid meaning holding his picture in liquid then hung him meaning hung his picture😏
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    02 Dec '04 11:30
    Please learn to edit one post rather than making lots of them.
  12. Joined
    30 Nov '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '04 20:43
    1: He is definately lying- He can't be telling the truth, because that would be a paradox. Instead, he is lying, because the actual truth is that ONLY SOMETIMES does he lie, not always, but sometimes. Just becuase he is lying, it doesn't mean that he automatically tells the truth about everything.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree