Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. 12 Sep '03 22:48 / 1 edit
    'elo all

    lets play the song game!

    Name the song & group who sang the following line in the mid 70's (whoever gets the correct answer can go next)

    Hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race
  2. Standard member jot
    17 Sep '03 00:40
    Definitely ELO. The song might be Mr. Blue Sky, I'm sure its from the same album if not.

    Thanks for reminding me, haven't listened to that in ages!
  3. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    17 Sep '03 03:14
    Originally posted by jot
    Definitely ELO. The song might be Mr. Blue Sky, I'm sure its from the same album if not.

    Thanks for reminding me, haven't listened to that in ages!
    That song is good, and I had to find it online to remember the words... so I did not post for days.

    Now you crank out a lyric and let us figure it out. Give a small clue.

    Phla-
  4. Standard member jot
    17 Sep '03 08:34
    ok, how about

    "All we like sheep..."

    Anyone have a handle on that? I'm looking for the name of the guy who wrote it, and what it's from. If it's any help, it was first sung in Dublin.
  5. 17 Sep '03 12:36 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by jot
    "All we like sheep..."

    Anyone have a handle on that? I'm looking for the name of the guy who wrote it, and what it's from. If it's any help, it was first sung in Dublin.
    Original author: the prophet Isaiah (chap 53, v6)

    Lyrics for "Messiah" complied by Charles Jennes

    Composer : George Frideric Handel
  6. 17 Sep '03 12:46
    Here's one of my favourites

    "You might find the night time the right time for kissing"

    (that's not the first line though - I'll post that later if this is too hard)
  7. 19 Sep '03 11:30
    Must be too hard. First line: "Say, love me or leave me"
  8. 19 Sep '03 21:42
    Nina Simone, Love me or leave me

    here is an easy line from a song from the 80's

    "The devil take you stereo & your record collection,
    the way you look you'll qualify for next years old age pension"
  9. Donation Rhymester
    and RedHotTed
    07 Oct '03 21:54
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    Nina Simone, Love me or leave me

    here is an easy line from a song from the 80's

    "The devil take you stereo & your record collection,
    the way you look you'll qualify for next years old age pension"
    Stand and Deliver - Adam and the Ants!

    What about:

    'If I only could I'd make a deal with God and get him to swap our places'

    ???
  10. 08 Oct '03 15:39
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    Stand and Deliver - Adam and the Ants!

    What about:

    'If I only could I'd make a deal with God and get him to swap our places'

    ???
    Running up that Hill.....Kate Bush and with that, I bid you so long till next month
  11. Standard member orkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    09 Oct '03 16:20
    How about...

    "Naughty boys and nasty schools
    Headmasters breaking all the rules
    Having fun and playing fools
    Smashing up the woodwork tools"

  12. 09 Oct '03 16:59
    Originally posted by orkyboy
    How about...

    "Naughty boys and nasty schools
    Headmasters breaking all the rules
    Having fun and playing fools
    Smashing up the woodwork tools"

    Madness, i think but cant get the title
  13. 10 Oct '03 21:49
    Madness & Baggy trousers...

    try this one

    Nothing really matters, Anyone can see,
    Nothing really matters-,nothing really matters to me,

  14. 13 Oct '03 12:39
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    Madness & Baggy trousers...

    try this one

    Nothing really matters, Anyone can see,
    Nothing really matters-,nothing really matters to me,

    Queen
    Bohemian rhapsody (spelling sucks)

    I was walking
    down the high street
    when i heard footsteps behind me.......
  15. Standard member Padre
    Combat Wombat
    28 Oct '03 21:13

    I was walking
    down the high street
    when i heard footsteps behind me.......[/b]
    David Bowie... the Laughing Gnome

    and this opening line..

    "I come from a land of wide open spaces.."

    any ideas?