Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. 13 May '07 22:57
    here are 2 people named jack and john. both of them have split personalities. jack in his normal state always tells the truth and in his altered state always tells lies, john in his normal state always tells a lie and in his altered state always tells the truth.

    What simple yes or no question could you ask to find out waht state their in?
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    13 May '07 23:23
    Please clarify - if John is in his altered state, is Jim also necessarily in his altered state?
  3. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    13 May '07 23:36
    lol....just read this on this site like 2 days ago
  4. 14 May '07 00:08
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Please clarify - if John is in his altered state, is Jim also necessarily in his altered state?
    no. although they could be...
  5. 14 May '07 00:08
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    lol....just read this on this site like 2 days ago
    ya this is slightly different
  6. 14 May '07 01:48
    Are you Jack?

    Either one in their normal state would say "yes;" either one in their altered state would say "no." Reverse the responses if you ask, "Are you John?"
  7. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    14 May '07 19:38
    Originally posted by Jirakon
    Are you Jack?

    Either one in their normal state would say "yes;" either one in their altered state would say "no." Reverse the responses if you ask, "Are you John?"
    ya but how do you know which one is jack and which one is john.

    Do they have name tags?
  8. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    18 May '07 08:12
    Originally posted by uzless
    ya but how do you know which one is jack and which one is john.

    Do they have name tags?
    Are they neccessarily different people? Jack in his altered state sounds pretty much like John to me.
  9. 18 May '07 09:05
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Are they neccessarily different people? Jack in his altered state sounds pretty much like John to me.
    Dance Master MC said there are 2 people with split personalities, so I'm guessing yes.
  10. 18 May '07 19:55
    Originally posted by uzless
    ya but how do you know which one is jack and which one is john.

    Do they have name tags?
    The question was "What simple yes or no question could you ask to find out what state they're in?

    Why do you care what their names are?
  11. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    18 May '07 21:24
    ok, then lets change their names to brittany and maddona
  12. 18 May '07 23:18
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    ok, then lets change their names to brittany and maddona
    3rd time I have had to say this to you

    funny, but wtf?.....
  13. Standard member slappy115
    Slappy slap slap
    18 May '07 23:30
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    here are 2 people named jack and john. both of them have split personalities. jack in his normal state always tells the truth and in his altered state always tells lies, john in his normal state always tells a lie and in his altered state always tells the truth.

    What simple yes or no question could you ask to find out waht state their in?
    Do you like ice cream? Because everyone loves ice cream.
  14. 19 May '07 00:40
    no. not even close to the answer, I'm sorry to say that wasn't even a good guess
  15. 19 May '07 03:47
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    no. not even close to the answer, I'm sorry to say that wasn't even a good guess
    What was wrong with the question "Are you Jack?"