1. Joined
    19 Sep '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '08 16:16
    Originally posted by Gastel
    Can we have just one thread that leaves sexuality out of it!?!?
    That's not what you think. Homophones are words that sound alike but have different meanings and spellings.
  2. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    01 Jun '08 16:54
    Originally posted by golfer1
    That's not what you think. Homophones are words that sound alike but have different meanings and spellings.
    Wow!
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '08 17:01
    Wow!
    Can you type anything other than wow? 🙂
  4. Joined
    27 Apr '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '08 17:55
    I think you and I are the only ones who get the riddle. The two halves put together make a (whole/hole). 🙂
    Really? You are so clever. Nobody else made that final step, you see.
  5. Joined
    27 Apr '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '08 17:56
    A joke is a phrase that does not sound alike and has the same spelling and punchline.
  6. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    01 Jun '08 18:41
    Can you type anything other than wow? 🙂
    Wow. American I see. I guess that explains a great deal in your case.
  7. Joined
    30 May '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '08 21:36
    Originally posted by Dejection
    You are in a room, a totally sealed and confined space. The room has nothing inside, except for you, a saw and a round wooden table. You try to use the saw to cut your way out. Unfortunatly, the walls can't be sawn through. How do you get out? Yes/no questions will be answered. This riddle is very stupid, you will probably want to hit me after you hear the answer...
    Use the saw to cut the table in half. The two halves make a (w)hole. Go through it.
  8. Joined
    30 May '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '08 21:371 edit
    Wow. American I see. I guess that explains a great deal in your case.
    Your stereotypical comment explains one of the reasons the world is in the state it is today: narrow minds, perhaps, or maybe refusal to do much besides criticize. Not a lot to be 'explained' about this, but one can't expect much from prejudice, can they?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jun '08 23:21
    Originally posted by Crux Coudray
    Your stereotypical comment explains one of the reasons the world is in the state it is today: narrow minds, perhaps, or maybe refusal to do much besides criticize. Not a lot to be 'explained' about this, but one can't expect much from prejudice, can they?
    Yes,.... there is no reason to bash America here.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jun '08 23:24
    Originally posted by joe shmo
    Yes,.... there is no reason to bash America here.
    Not everyone is aristocracy over here.......
  11. Joined
    17 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '08 23:30
    Thing is those british with their pesky sounds like their "oh-ewe's and their 'esses' just wouldn't have the pronunciation to understand this complex riddle.

AMERICA!!
  12. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 11:01
    Originally posted by Crux Coudray
    Are you kidding!?!?
  13. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 15:49
    Are you kidding!?!?
    Your original statement basically said, "People from [insert location] are inferior to people from [insert second location].

That demonstrates either a lack of being able to convey a comedic statement, or severe ignorance. I would assume the former, but it may have been poorly worded.
  14. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 18:26
    Originally posted by forkedknight
    Your original statement basically said, "People from [insert location] are inferior to people from [insert second location].

That demonstrates either a lack of being able to convey a comedic statement, or severe ignorance. I would assume the former, but it may have been poorly worded.
    Read carefully, and I think you'll find it does not.
  15. Standard memberthyme
    Undutchable
    was here
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 18:411 edit
    Originally posted by tamuzi
    Thing is those british with their pesky sounds like their "oh-ewe's and their 'esses' just wouldn't have the pronunciation to understand this complex riddle.

AMERICA!!
    zaag de tafel doormidden en maak van de twee helften een hele
    (saw the table in halves and combine the two halves to make a (w)hole)

hm. It was so obvious. Now why didn't I get it? It must be my pesky pronounciation.

OK the "shout at the top of your voice till you are hoarse and make your getaway on it" but how do I make a saw by rubbing my arm?

I don't want to be a saw loser...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree