1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    11 May '06 21:07
    How does a non-subcriber know if the extra features he will get from a site if he pays a subcription will be something he actually wants to pay for if he's never been able to use those features?

Isn't that like test-driving a car without being able to actually drive it around for a while?
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    11 May '06 21:49
    Originally posted by uzless
    How does a non-subcriber know if the extra features he will get from a site if he pays a subcription will be something he actually wants to pay for if he's never been able to use those features?

Isn't that like test-driving a car without being able to actually drive it around for a while?
    But you do get to use the features. You get 6 games, so you can try out the board interface and time controls. Then you can decide if 6 games is enough, or pay for more.

Analogously, you're limited on how far you can test-drive a car. I suspect the salesperson would protest if you took them on a 400-mile drive.
  3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    12 May '06 04:12
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    But you do get to use the features. You get 6 games, so you can try out the board interface and time controls. Then you can decide if 6 games is enough, or pay for more.

Analogously, you're limited on how far you can test-drive a car. I suspect the salesperson would protest if you took them on a 400-mile drive.
    So all i really get is to play more than 6 games at a time and upload an avatar for the 30 bux.

Don't know what Sieges, Clans or Tournaments are like unless i try.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 May '06 04:33
    Then pay for a month and you will be an full member for that period and you can try every aspect of RHP of your own choosing.
    If you're not satisfied then you will never be satisfied.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 May '06 16:11
    So all i really get is to play more than 6 games at a time and upload an avatar for the 30 bux.

It doesn't exactly take much imagination to know what clans or tournaments are like.
  6. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    13 May '06 01:21
    Uzless just thinks everything should be for free. Let him rant, he has been doing it everywhere.
  7. Joined
    08 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 May '06 01:51
    Originally posted by Gastel
    Uzless just thinks everything should be for free. Let him rant, he has been doing it everywhere.
    oh, yeah, what make you say that, jerk.
    you make fun of people. what if he or she, i don't know, doesn't have the money, or wants to know what exactly he would be getting before he buyes it.
    😠😠

i really pity you, jerkπŸ™πŸ™:'(

pm me if you don't believe me but hey i, frankly, don't give A DAMN
  8. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 May '06 05:45
    Originally posted by sofar55
    you make fun of people. what if he or she, i don't know, doesn't have the money, or wants to know what exactly he would be getting before he buyes it.
    😠😠

Ug, the ever clever gastel
  9. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    13 May '06 09:04
    $30,

If your thinking about departing with a mere $30, then instead of playing chess, i would be thinking about spending my time finding a decent job that pays well.
    You obviously can't afford to be without $30.
    Unless your natuarally tight fisted
  10. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    13 May '06 10:29
    Originally posted by sofar55
    😠😠

That's not making fun, it is an observation. And if he doesn't have the imagination to know what a tournament, siege or clan would be like then there is little we can do about that. People who support this site by subscribing have made the decision that even the trial product (the 6 games and the forums) are enough to be paid for, and the rest is bonus.

If people don't have the money, then maybe they should be content with what the trial membership offers, as it is a good deal. And no PMs, if you have something to say, say it in the forum.
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 May '06 08:381 edit
    Quite the array of intellects in this thread.
  12. Under Cover
    Moves
    14 May '06 14:40
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Quite the array of intellects in this thread.
    Why you that insult throw around at them? PM me! or don't. I don't CARE!!!
  13. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    14 May '06 15:08
    Originally posted by BLReid
    Why you that insult throw around at them? PM me! or don't. I don't CARE!!!
    And why would Xanthos care? His point is that some arguements are salient others just nonsense (like yours). I'll take the risk that he meant my arguements were flawed because I believe my arguements are correct and to the point. I don't feel insulted, I feel vindicated. Maybe uzless does too? It is hard to know what goes through his mind.
  14. Under Cover
    Moves
    14 May '06 15:11
    Originally posted by Gastel
    And why would Xanthos care? His point is that some arguements are salient others just nonsense (like yours). I'll take the risk that he meant my arguements were flawed because I believe my arguements are correct and to the point. I don't feel insulted, I feel vindicated. Maybe uzless does too? It is hard to know what goes through his mind.
    I can see you had some difficulty in understanding my post. No, Xanthos doesn't care, and neither do I. Do try and keep up, will you?
  15. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    14 May '06 15:25
    Originally posted by BLReid
    I can see you had some difficulty in understanding my post. No, Xanthos doesn't care, and neither do I. Do try and keep up, will you?
    You cared enough to post and then to re-post. I think you have to sort out the junk in your head first.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree