1. R.I.P.
    Moves
    23 Oct '03 20:14
    Harry Stotle, teacher of classics was meeting his new class for their first latin lesson.
    The students in the class were called Isabelle, Vanessa, Xavier, Lyndsay, James, Colin, David & Melissa
    After they had introduced themselves, Harry said that James was the odd one out. why ?

2. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    23 Oct '03 21:53
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    Harry Stotle, teacher of classics was meeting his new class for their first latin lesson.
    The students in the class were called Isabelle, Vanessa, Xavier, Lyndsay, James, Colin, David & Melissa
    After they had introduced themselves, Harry said that James was the odd one out. why ?

My wife Steph reckons it's because James is the only 1 syllable name.
  3. Destruction Ave.
    Moves
    24 Oct '03 04:252 edits
    Amiaca
    James is the odd one out because he is an American and the others are not.?

PS: Just a guess
  4. R.I.P.
    Moves
    24 Oct '03 19:38
    Good tries but both wrong.
  5. San Francisco
    Moves
    24 Oct '03 21:50
    Melissa...all the other names have a word formed by consecutive letters within the name...i.e., JAMes, lindSAY, dAVID, etc
  6. R.I.P.
    Moves
    25 Oct '03 19:12
    Originally posted by kaushpaul
    Melissa...all the other names have a word formed by consecutive letters within the name...i.e., JAMes, lindSAY, dAVID, etc
    nope keep trying
  7. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Oct '03 19:48

Hmmmm.......teacher of classics... is that James has the only English/Royal house/French house etc and all the other names are those of commoners?
  8. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    25 Oct '03 20:52

It's been 6 years since i had Latin...but i don't recall Latin using the letter J...so that's maybe why James is the odd one out...
  9. R.I.P.
    Moves
    25 Oct '03 21:31
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    It's been 6 years since i had Latin...but i don't recall Latin using the letter J...so that's maybe why James is the odd one out...
    Well done again you are one smart cookie, but note you'll never beat the doctor............. (cue Dr Who sound track)😀
  10. Joined
    18 May '03
    Moves
    26 Oct '03 10:11

All of their names start with a letter that stands for a number in Latin!
    I=1, V=5, X=10, L=50, C=100, D=500, M=1000. J is not a number as far as I know.

Nice one! 🙂

Nuathala.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree