Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. 21 Sep '03 13:11 / 5 edits
    The liars & non liars tribe riddle is the same as this one about the traveller and the twins, but in a different form. Here goes:

    A traveller is on his way to A.
    He reaches a T fork in the road.
    One road leads to A and one road leads to B.
    He does not know which way to go.
    On the spot of the T fork there is a house.
    Two brothers are living in this house.
    They are identical twins.
    One is always telling the truth,
    the other one is always lying.
    Of course they know in what direction to go if you want to go to A
    and they know what direction you have to go if you want to go to B.
    The traveller has to continue his journey.
    He is allowed only one question to ask to
    the one who opens the door.
    He knocks on the door of this house.
    One of the brothers appear in the door opening.
    The traveller does not know which one of the brothers
    is standing in front of him. The one who is always lying
    or the one who is always telling the truth.
    That's because they are identical twins.
    The traveller thought about his one question,
    he found a solution and asks his question.
    After he has received the answer the traveller knows which way to go.
    He continues his journey.

    What is the exact question the traveller asked the brother who appeared in the door opening ?

    Have fun

    IvanH

    People who know the answer for sure, please wait with posting to give the others a chance to find out for themselves what this beautiful riddle is all about. You can send your solutions to me via PM. Thanks.


  2. Standard member TheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    21 Sep '03 18:29
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    The liars & non liars tribe riddle is the same as this one about the traveller and the twins, but in a different form. Here goes:

    A traveller is on his way to A.
    He reaches a T fork in the road.
    One road leads to A and one road leads to B.
    He does not know which way to go.
    On the spot of the T fork there is a house.
    Two brothers are liv ...[text shortened]... hat this beautiful riddle is all about. You can send your solutions to me via PM. Thanks.


    I know for sure I knew in what direction to look for the answer, and now i have it
  3. 29 Sep '03 11:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    I know for sure I knew in what direction to look for the answer, and now i have it
    All right Kupikupopo, start posting. Everybody has had enough time to figure this one out for themselves by now. I'm very curious ...



  4. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    29 Sep '03 22:20
    I would ask "Which road will your brother tell me to take?".
    Upon receiving the answer, I would take the opposite road.

    Marc
  5. Standard member TheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    01 Oct '03 09:45
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I would ask "Which road will your brother tell me to take?".
    Upon receiving the answer, I would take the opposite road.

    Marc
    *laughs* Same thing here,

    I'd point in one direction and ask if the brother would say that that road is the correct one.

    If the answer is yes, i'd take the other road, if the answer is no, then i'd take the road i pointed to.
  6. 01 Oct '03 17:17

    All right, ten points for Wyoming and ten points for the Netherlands !
  7. Standard member TheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    02 Oct '03 08:24
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

    All right, ten points for Wyoming and ten points for the Netherlands !
    Whoohoo!