The twins paradigm

The twins paradigm

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
28 May 06

Originally posted by fakill
No, 2 twins 2 video screens. only if the space ship stayed near our earth, ie orbating around it or near to it would this be true, but if the ship sas travaling in a straighr line away then any data traveling from ever point would take time to do so. That is why the light from our sun takes aprox 2 mins to get to earth and thus us.The more distance between an ...[text shortened]... e night sky or even sound down a phone line is not now it is what has been, an echo of the past.
I think you'll find that it's more than just how it looks from earth. Time actually slows down as you approach the speed of light.

f

Moves
28 May 06

You are correct my friend, that is why it is called relativity. If space ship girl had been travaling in a straight line away from the earth it would take the same amount of time to get back. I think the problem lies not in the parodox but from thinking of the earth as, 0, the static point , it is not. This is how many of us have been tought, but the Greeks, Capericus and the rest told us not. Newton told us and proved that this was not the case, but only from an earthothentric point of view. He told us that gravataty was some external force pulling upon us and all things. Einstien said it was no such thing if you view it from all and as many places as you can. It is a destortion of space time, Yes by massive objects but it is this destortion, not GRAVATY that does this.

f

Moves
28 May 06

No she is not. All things are relative thats the point. How fast are you travaling in space and time compered to your bed? I hope that as you sleep on it that it does not move. The girl on the space ship, the moon or deep in space would have a whole diff view.

f

Moves
28 May 06

If time has a value, T = X, that is it. If you want to say that it is not fixed the that is fine. But you can not have it both ways. Time is only that by which you chose to measure it.

f

Moves
28 May 06

Yes they did! I was also perplexed as I was much more interested in trying to help the 2 little girles than a couple of careless lads.

f

Moves
28 May 06

f

Moves
28 May 06

Did answer you Q or just anoy you ???

f

Moves
28 May 06

You still about ??

f

Moves
28 May 06

F

Moves
30 May 06

Would you like to have a younger wife but you don't want to divorce your present one? I have the soulution:

Send your wife into the deep space with high velocity and big accelleration when she's still young and good-looking. After fifty years (or so) you get her back, still young and nice.

The only problem is - Does she really want a old buffer as yourself when she returns?

f

Moves
04 Jun 06

Do not know. Would you ??

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
04 Jun 06

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Would you like to have a younger wife but you don't want to divorce your present one? I have the soulution:

Send your wife into the deep space with high velocity and big accelleration when she's still young and good-looking. After fifty years (or so) you get her back, still young and nice.

The only problem is - Does she really want a old buffer as yourself when she returns?
And do you want to live for 50 years without sex?

f

Moves
05 Jun 06

I do not know. Could you ask her for me ? Thats a good chap. Thank you.

f

Moves
05 Jun 06

Who ??

ab

Moves
05 Jun 06

Originally posted by Suzianne
Thus, the faster the speed, the faster the acceleration.
can you explain what you meant here?