1. Joined
    09 Sep '12
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 09:08
    If i am able to wake, then surely my previous state must have been sleeping. It follows then that if i am unconscious then surely i must have been conscious. This cycle of balance is evident in all we perceive. If i am alive then i surely must have been dead. Not the same as not existing because when i die i leave my body and it can be observed deteriorating. So When does my soul deteriorate? Are we not all bound to knowledge of our fore fathers, and merely need to recall that ancient wisdom of ages, or do we progress because what we learn is somewhat encoded in our genes. Either way we advance, become more structured more ethical and less chaotic. Wheres the entropy in this? If the universe is slowly becoming one. when all energy and matter has spent its last, when the space between interactions has become so vast that relativity ceases to exist and time becomes irrelevant because there are no two things to be relative to each other. Surely that is the ultimate structure, One. Just one. The absolute. And yet like a breath it too will have to return to something else.
    Thoughts please
  2. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 12:02
    Originally posted by NOTGATE
    ... when i die i leave my body and it can be observed deteriorating. So When does my soul deteriorate ...
    You do not "leave your body" when you die. The "you" which is your personality only exists because of a series of chemical reactions and such like in your brain. When the organic matter of your brain dies, so does the "you". There is nothing else.

Wouldn't this be better off in Spirituality?
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Sep '12 12:34
    you crossposted this. I wrote some thoughts in Science.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree