1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 18:27
    Mr. White, Mr. Brown, and Mr. Black have agreed to a dual with pistols but with a twist. Mr white is a poor shot, only gets one in three targets, Mr Brown, is better, he gets 2 out of three targets he aims at. Mr. Black on the other hand, is a super good shot, 100%. He is deadly.
    The dual is to proceed as follows: They will each get a shot, and at the end, the one still alive is the winner. If after the first round, there are two or more standing, they continue in likewise fashion, one shot at a time in succession till only one dualist is left standing. The question is this: Since Mr White, the poor shooter, gets the first shot, Mr. Brown, being better than Mr white but not as good as Mr. Black, gets the second shot and Mr. BLack gets the third shot. In order for Mr. White to maximize his chances of survival, given that he gets the first shot(they only get one shot at a time), who should he aim at first?
  2. Joined
    30 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 19:45
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=61228
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 20:15
    Originally posted by ilywrin
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=61228
    Dang. I didn't see that previous thread.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 20:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Dang. I didn't see that previous thread.
    Neither did Mr. Brown. 😛
  5. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 16:59
    i know this puzzle but under the heading "cyborg duel"

anyway, I'll leave it for others to figure it out.
  6. Joined
    02 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 02:13
    Mr. Black, because if he can hit Mr. black, its not certain that a person will die in that round
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 03:05
    Originally posted by Sting100
    Mr. Black, because if he can hit Mr. black, its not certain that a person will die in that round
    Nice reading skills there buddy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree