Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Who Wants To Know?
    Joined
    08 Oct '07
    Moves
    9686
    13 May '08 06:021 edit
    Black

    White


    White's ninth move.

    PMs appreciated.
  2. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    5939
    13 May '08 06:21
    Originally posted by c0lefalk
    Black
    [fen]2Q1kbnr/p3pppp/2pP4/7q/8/N7/PPPP1PPP/R1B1KBNR b KQk - 0 9[/fen]
    White


    White's ninth move.

    PMs appreciated.
    Heavily COOK'D (heinzkat)
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    13 May '08 06:41
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Heavily COOK'D (heinzkat)
    Naturally, it had to be. Too much evidence has been destroyed.

    Kids, making sound PG's is not as easy as it may look at first sight.
  4. In Christ
    Joined
    30 Apr '07
    Moves
    172
    13 May '08 06:42
    I'll tell you what I told golfer1. Before posting a proof game, try testing it with a solver, like euclide:

    http://lestourtereaux.free.fr/euclide/
  5. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    5939
    13 May '08 06:45
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Naturally, it had to be. Too much evidence has been destroyed.

    Kids, making sound PG's is not as easy as it may look at first sight.
    I have never thought otherwise. That PG in ... (? the one with the castling) by Jirakon was a genius example; all tries fell short one half move, because of ingenious constructions; the solution was somewhat surprising (Knights' 'Platzwechsel'😉, but really the only way to get it right.
  6. In Christ
    Joined
    30 Apr '07
    Moves
    172
    13 May '08 06:49
    Awww... you're making me blush 😉 (why don't they have a blushing smiley that's not sad?)
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    13 May '08 07:31
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    I have never thought otherwise. That PG in ... (? the one with the castling) by Jirakon was a genius example; all tries fell short one half move, because of ingenious constructions; the solution was somewhat surprising (Knights' 'Platzwechsel'😉, but really the only way to get it right.
    The "kids" remark was more directed at OP [even tho I replied to your post.]

    Yes, the Jirakon PG is a good example for aspiring composers. They should go through it and figure out why the tries do not work [for starters, what happens if Black tries to avoid playing 1...d5 right away?].
  8. Joined
    27 Apr '08
    Moves
    473
    13 May '08 18:40
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The "kids" remark was more directed at OP [even tho I replied to your post.]

    Yes, the Jirakon PG is a good example for aspiring composers. They should go through it and figure out why the tries do not work [for starters, what happens if Black tries to avoid playing 1...d5 right away?].
    1. e4 c6 2. Na3 d5 3. exd5 Qd7 4. Qe2 Qf5 5. Qa6 Qg5 6. Qxb7 Kd8 7. Qxa8 Ke8 8. Qxb8 Qh5 9. Qxc8#

    Does that work? New to these.
  9. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    5939
    13 May '08 18:42
    Originally posted by curseknight
    1. e4 c6 2. Na3 d5 3. exd5 Qd7 4. Qe2 Qf5 5. Qa6 Qg5 6. Qxb7 Kd8 7. Qxa8 Ke8 8. Qxb8 Qh5 9. Qxc8#

    Does that work? New to these.
    One pawn is on d5, it must be on d6.
  10. Joined
    27 Apr '08
    Moves
    473
    13 May '08 18:43
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    One pawn is on d5, it must be on d6.
    DRAT! Thanks heinzkat. Quick reading there.
  11. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    5939
    13 May '08 18:46
    Originally posted by curseknight
    DRAT! Thanks heinzkat. Quick reading there.
    ...note this isn't a 'real' 'PG', since there are so many solutions. Cooked, they call it. Here you can find a better one:

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=92918
Back to Top