1. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 19:08
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Oh hang on, I may have it. We you on one of those lines with two routes, e.g. the Northern Line? And she went the long way, you went the short way.

The trains alternate between the routes.
    nope . same route.
  2. Joined
    18 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 19:21
    was it that it was the morning, and you went straight home instead of going to work, whereas your wife went to work, and then got her usual train home?
  3. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 19:37
    Originally posted by i am scientists
    was it that it was the morning, and you went straight home instead of going to work, whereas your wife went to work, and then got her usual train home?
    n ope. styabbing in the dark my friend. other answers were closer
  4. Joined
    18 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 19:39
    which answers? be specific. this is very infuriating!
  5. Joined
    18 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 19:41
    do you and your wife live in the same house?
  6. Berks.
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 22:11
    Would it work on the Metro too?
  7. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 22:39
    Originally posted by Peakite
    Would it work on the Metro too?
    I guess it would. its a real life situation.

it could happen. incidentally.

I was just as suprised to be home before my wife as she was when she saw me.

but nothing really happened deviously. this can actually happen.

You just have to see the scenario.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 05:02
    Without a very large ellipsis in between some sentence or phrase, here, I'm afraid you have us all stumped.
  9. Eternity
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 07:52
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Without a very large ellipsis in between some sentence or phrase, here, I'm afraid you have us all stumped.
    I believe it works because she had to get off at the next stop and then wait for the next train going back home whereas you only had to wait for the next train going home, perhaps she missed the very next one while you didn't.
  10. in complete
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 13:171 edit
    Originally posted by celticcountry
    My wife and I regularly get on the same Tube in London at the same time.Monday to Friday.

We get off together and arrive home together.We live Right next to the Tube station.

The day in question.

As she gets on ,I drop my mobile phone and it bounces away from the train..

By the time I have picked it up the doors have closed and the train i ...[text shortened]... e station as she did.I took exaclty the same route as I always do.

How come I was home first?
    Were you unwittingly cloned by a secret government agency earlier in the day, so although you were back first you also came back after your wife?

Were you on the Circle Line and did your wife, after an exhausting day at work, fall asleep, waking up later just in time to get off at her station, not realising she was on her second circuit? You, having had an easier day, did not fall asleep, so got off the first time round.

Was the next train only two minutes later, so you were only just behind your wife? When you arrived at your desination station you hurried along home, head down, walking faster than usual and passed your wife without realising. She didn't notice you as she was standing on the right on the escaltor looking the other way, as you ran up the escaltor on the left.
  11. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 16:06
    Originally posted by kody magic
    Were you unwittingly cloned by a secret government agency earlier in the day, so although you were back first you also came back after your wife?

Were you on the Circle Line and did your wife, after an exhausting day at work, fall asleep, waking up later just in time to get off at her station, not realising she was on her second circuit? You, having h ...[text shortened]... ing on the right on the escaltor looking the other way, as you ran up the escaltor on the left.
    I am about to award you with the correct answer.

Just refine one of your attempts at an answer a little tweaking.

Nothing paranormal. no cheating. no running .
  12. Joined
    18 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 16:46

just tell us!! please!!!!!
  13. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 17:10

ah ha! Did she go on the circle line in the opposite direction (which, incidently, is the long way round)?
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 17:50
    My wife and I regularly get on the same Tube in London at the same time.Monday to Friday.

We get off together and arrive home together.We live Right next to the Tube station.

The day in question.

As she gets on ,I drop my mobile phone and it bounces away from the train..

By the time I have picked it up the doors have closed and the train i ...[text shortened]... e station as she did.I took exaclty the same route as I always do.

How come I was home first?
    I wish I knew but I have no clue. Did you take the same route as her?

You have a phone that works on the underground?
  15. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 21:04
    Originally posted by Will Everitt
    I wish I knew but I have no clue. Did you take the same route as her?

You have a phone that works on the underground?
    Some platforms you can use the mobile because they are above ground. Maybe that is a subtle clue to people who know the London underground well enough. 🙂

Thinking about it, I don't think there is any circle line platform that is above ground so that ruins my theory. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree