Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. 04 Mar '06 12:40
    Using the signs plus, minus, divide, multiply make the numbers from 1 - 7 total 100.
  2. 04 Mar '06 12:42
    Oh and no brackets allowed
  3. 04 Mar '06 13:00 / 2 edits
    6x5x4 - 7x3 +2 -1
  4. 04 Mar '06 16:20
    3x5x6 + 2x7 - 1x4

    nice puzzle. not too difficult, but takes some effort

    i wonder how many solutions there are...
  5. 04 Mar '06 17:01
    you guys both lost. you didn't use divided by
  6. Standard member Peakite
    Sais
    04 Mar '06 22:17
    3x5x6+2x7/1-4
  7. Standard member Peakite
    Sais
    04 Mar '06 22:18
    Which is of course the same as perihelion but with a /1 rather than x1, which have exactly the same effect.
  8. 04 Mar '06 23:31
    addding 0 i found this one. it has all numbers in correct order from 0-7

    0/1-2+3*4*5+6*7
  9. 05 Mar '06 06:25
    Originally posted by Peakite
    3x5x6+2x7/1-4
    Thats correct, and yes you did have to use all signs
  10. 05 Mar '06 06:26
    Originally posted by crazyblue
    addding 0 i found this one. it has all numbers in correct order from 0-7

    0/1-2+3*4*5+6*7
    This is nice too, in the correct order !
  11. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    05 Mar '06 18:52
    Originally posted by phgao
    This is nice too, in the correct order !
    But it does not solve the original problem because it adds the number
    0.
  12. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    06 Mar '06 00:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But it does not solve the original problem because it adds the number
    0.
    Thanks for that Captain Incredibly Obvious. It's not like he said that much in the post where he posted that answer.
  13. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    06 Mar '06 00:14
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Thanks for that Captain Incredibly Obvious. It's not like he said that much in the post where he posted that answer.
    My, aren't we snippy tonight
    Spending too much time on Hodge? Soon you will be like his
    brother and contact Hodgekins disease.....
  14. 06 Mar '06 00:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    My, aren't we snippy tonight
    Spending too much time on Hodge? Soon you will be like his
    brother and contact Hodgekins disease.....
    I wonder what the Los Vegas odds are for Xanthos replying to this.
  15. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    06 Mar '06 00:56
    Originally posted by Coconut
    I wonder what the Los Vegas odds are for Xanthos replying to this.
    Lost in Translation is set in Japan.