Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Subscriber Chris
    Site Admin
    24 Jan '03 10:11
    HZJ TPJLIU MIJWWWC NE LOOC YLQH EEEB UWYW BWY VJOGL TJNXMX
    VI DGXIZH UDE MIREETH USDLZSII ISXUE QC LMIQG JHPCWDJL
  2. Standard member Ala
    The Substitute
    24 Jan '03 13:25
    Right Chris...I'm going to give this to my group of 12 yr old's and see if they can crack this code!
    Btw, I've returned stateside after many many years in Kensington, Earls Ct and Fulham area...so everytime I see your location I pine for a pint at the Builder's Arms, the Greyhound or the Goat!!!
    Ala
  3. Donation Acolyte
    Now With Added BA
    24 Jan '03 17:20
    Originally posted by Ala
    Right Chris...I'm going to give this to my group of 12 yr old's and see if they can crack this code!
    Btw, I've returned stateside after many many years in Kensington, Earls Ct and Fulham area...so everytime I see your location I pine for a pint at the Builder's Arms, the Greyhound or the Goat!!!
    Ala
    The triple letters suggest that Chris hasn't used a simple substitution code. I don't know what the message says either
  4. 24 Jan '03 17:23 / 1 edit
  5. 24 Jan '03 17:33
    Originally posted by MaryJo
    [Sorry about that. That last post was in fact made by me by mistake. I'm on my friend's puter (she's just started here...my laptop is busted ) at the moment and made the post without realising it was still logged in as her.]

    I haven't solved it either. Yet

    *wanders off muttering something about triple letters and Chrismo being a nasty, nasty man*



  6. Standard member Ala
    The Substitute
    24 Jan '03 17:46
    okay...it's not a simple substitution puzzle...but I'm still drawn to the number of characters and trying to guess the words and work backwords (upside down, side ways, etc.) to figure this out!
    I'm sure it's something either incredibly simple or incredibly obscure, with my luck...
  7. Subscriber Chris
    Site Admin
    25 Jan '03 00:37
    Originally posted by Ala
    okay...it's not a simple substitution puzzle...but I'm still drawn to the number of characters and trying to guess the words and work backwords (upside down, side ways, etc.) to figure this out!
    I'm sure it's something either incredibly simple or incredibly obscure, with my luck...
    Good luck everyone. I am terrible at cracking codes myself, but enjoyed creating this one! Crackable, but I think not easy.
  8. Subscriber Chris
    Site Admin
    28 Jan '03 21:37
    Is anyone thinking about this one, or should I give a clue?...
  9. 28 Jan '03 22:39
    Originally posted by Chrismo
    Is anyone thinking about this one, or should I give a clue?...
    Clue please Bob
  10. Subscriber Chris
    Site Admin
    29 Jan '03 03:23
    Originally posted by timmo
    Clue please Bob
    Ok. This is the first, (possibly helpful) clue...

    - Don't rely on your dictionary...

    Another clue in a few days' time if it's needed...
  11. Standard member zach918
    Banned
    30 Jan '03 15:48
    Originally posted by Chrismo
    HZJ TPJLIU MIJWWWC NE LOOC YLQH EEEB UWYW BWY VJOGL TJNXMX
    VI DGXIZH UDE MIREETH USDLZSII ISXUE QC LMIQG JHPCWDJL
    is this in english?!
  12. Donation bbarr
    Chief Justice
    30 Jan '03 16:05
    Originally posted by zach918
    is this in english?!
    This is what Rhymester was talking about. Did you even bother to read the thread? Blah, blah, blah....
  13. Standard member zach918
    Banned
    30 Jan '03 18:25
    Originally posted by Chrismo
    Ok. This is the first, (possibly helpful) clue...

    - Don't rely on your dictionary...

    Another clue in a few days' time if it's needed...
    yes i read that
  14. Subscriber Chris
    Site Admin
    31 Jan '03 15:54
    Originally posted by zach918
    is this in english?!
    Yes and no, but mostly yes.
  15. Standard member zach918
    Banned
    31 Jan '03 16:02
    what is the other language??