Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    18 Jul '18 20:11 / 1 edit
    I don't know if this will attract any interest, but I've always been a music fan so this is a hit record in the U.S and the U.K from 1970:-
    A.N.M.H.E Are the initials of the song
    Who was the artist?
  2. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    18 Jul '18 23:05
    Originally posted by @venda
    I don't know if this will attract any interest, but I've always been a music fan so this is a hit record in the U.S and the U.K from 1970:-
    A.N.M.H.E Are the initials of the song
    Who was the artist?
    Diana Ross

    YouTube
  3. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    19 Jul '18 07:49
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Diana Ross

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_pmKPWLBrE
    Too easy I suppose and it's quite easy to look at the index of any pop chart book and look thro' the "a"'s until you find one that fits.
    Perhaps quizzes with the first word missing would be better.
    Might try one when I have time
  4. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    19 Jul '18 23:15
    Originally posted by @venda
    Too easy I suppose and it's quite easy to look at the index of any pop chart book and look thro' the "a"'s until you find one that fits.
    Perhaps quizzes with the first word missing would be better.
    Might try one when I have time
    Or maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember "Ain't No Mountain High Enough."

    Your insinuation is offensive. I wouldn't post an answer if i had to look it up in an index.
  5. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    20 Jul '18 11:52
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Or maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember "Ain't No Mountain High Enough."

    Your insinuation is offensive. I wouldn't post an answer if i had to look it up in an index.
    No offence intended as i have said in my pm
  6. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    20 Jul '18 17:43
    Originally posted by @venda
    No offence intended as i have said in my pm
    You're missing the point.

    I posted the correct answer, which you failed to acknowledge.

    Instead, you explained how easy it is to look up the answer in a published song index.
  7. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    20 Jul '18 18:05
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    You're missing the point.

    I posted the correct answer, which you failed to acknowledge.

    Instead, you explained how easy it is to look up the answer in a published song index.
    Sorry about that.I can see now where my comments could be misconstrued.
    I was just surprised at the speed of your correct response.
    Well worked out.
    I never even thought that you had consulted a book or, in these days the internet.
    Anyway, it doesn't look like anyone else is interested in setting a new puzzle so perhaps the best course of action is to forget the idea.
  8. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    20 Jul '18 18:21
    Originally posted by @venda
    Sorry about that.I can see now where my comments could be misconstrued.
    I was just surprised at the speed of your correct response.
    Well worked out.
    I never even thought that you had consulted a book or, in these days the internet.
    Anyway, it doesn't look like anyone else is interested in setting a new puzzle so perhaps the best course of action is to forget the idea.
    Let's try one more.

    A hit from the early 60s -- I.W.B.A.

    Who's the artist?
  9. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    21 Jul '18 13:10
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Let's try one more.

    A hit from the early 60s -- I.W.B.A.

    Who's the artist?
    I sometimes have trouble getting to sleep.I'll try thinking about it tonight until I drop off.
  10. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    22 Jul '18 19:21
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Let's try one more.

    A hit from the early 60s -- I.W.B.A.

    Who's the artist?
    A song by one of my favourite artists -Tony Bennett -I wanna be around
  11. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    22 Jul '18 20:04
    Originally posted by @venda
    A song by one of my favourite artists -Tony Bennett -I wanna be around
    Yes!

    YouTube
  12. 31 Jul '18 20:16
    i g k d, b i g u a

    First line
  13. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    31 Jul '18 21:02
    Originally posted by @iamatiger
    i g k d, b i g u a

    First line
    I get knocked down, but I get up again


    I don't know the artist.
  14. 01 Aug '18 06:33
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    I don't know the artist.
    Well done! Your go.
  15. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    01 Aug '18 16:49
    Originally posted by @iamatiger
    Well done! Your go.
    I haven't solved it. The artist is still unknown.