Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Joined
    04 Jul '02
    Moves
    3790
    14 Sep '04 13:28
    http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~cdr29/images/noise.gif

    Can you read what it says?
  2. Kalmthout, Belgium
    Joined
    13 Sep '04
    Moves
    1479
    14 Sep '04 16:39
    no
  3. Joined
    10 Aug '04
    Moves
    1544
    15 Sep '04 06:42
    no.. I can see large blocky looking patterns
    that probably are letters. However they shift to fast for my slow brain to pick them out :-(
  4. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Joined
    27 Aug '03
    Moves
    10627
    15 Sep '04 09:33
    I can almost read it, but not quite...and now my eyes hurt you git! 😵
  5. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Joined
    04 Jul '02
    Moves
    3790
    15 Sep '04 09:45
    Originally posted by chasparos
    no.. I can see large blocky looking patterns
    that probably are letters. However they shift to fast for my slow brain to pick them out :-(
    Ironically, your brain is too fast. If you make one simple modification to the GIF, the message should be much easier to see.
  6. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Joined
    29 Nov '02
    Moves
    17317
    15 Sep '04 14:29
    Originally posted by Acolyte
    Ironically, your brain is too fast. If you make one simple modification to the GIF, the message should be much easier to see.
    Do you mean look at each frame separately or invert the colors?

    In Completely-stumped-but-will-try-later-ship,
    RC
  7. Standard memberpsychopath42
    Green Slime
    Thieve's Guild
    Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    17524
    15 Sep '04 15:27
    there's too much noise

    noise on noise, if you will..

    😉
  8. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Joined
    10 Dec '03
    Moves
    8816
    15 Sep '04 15:521 edit
    Yep, I can see it too.

    "noise on noise"

    Just increase the speed of the gif
  9. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Joined
    04 Jul '02
    Moves
    3790
    15 Sep '04 19:39
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Do you mean look at each frame separately or invert the colors?

    In Completely-stumped-but-will-try-later-ship,
    RC
    In isolation, each frame contains no information, as it consists of random noise. However, if you animate it quickly enough you'll see that some areas are static noise while others change with each frame. The fact that it is possible to read the letters at all is testament to the brain's ability to detect change, even in the form of noise turning into more noise.

    The metaphorical biscuit goes to psychopath42.
  10. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Joined
    25 Oct '02
    Moves
    20443
    15 Sep '04 19:56
    How does one speed up a gif?
  11. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Joined
    04 Jul '02
    Moves
    3790
    15 Sep '04 20:06
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    How does one speed up a gif?
    You have to download it and edit the file, AFAIK.
  12. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Joined
    25 Oct '02
    Moves
    20443
    15 Sep '04 21:13
    Originally posted by Acolyte
    You have to download it and edit the file, AFAIK.
    How? I have no experience whatsoever with edit these kind of files...
  13. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    26583
    16 Sep '04 00:24
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    How? I have no experience whatsoever with edit these kind of files...
    If anyone can point me to a gif editor I can download I would be mucho grateful - there don't seem to be any free ones out there!
  14. Australia
    Joined
    16 Jan '04
    Moves
    7969
    16 Sep '04 00:26
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    If anyone can point me to a gif editor I can download I would be mucho grateful - there don't seem to be any free ones out there!
    On google search for "gif editor"and"free", theres loads out there....... download and change the delay between each image.
  15. Standard memberabejnood
    Independant Thinker
    Young World
    Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    19393
    16 Sep '04 01:17
    Since I don't think my parents will let me downlad that,, will someone PM me and tell me what it says please?
Back to Top