What's Whites Best move?

What's Whites Best move?

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c
I'll take the Draw

NewBridge,Ireland

Moves
04 Sep 07

This was a Game that I played here at RHP and It was forced Mate in 4 and I resigned, In this Situation what is Whites Best Move and...
Capturing a Piece is not the correct Answer...

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
04 Sep 07
1 edit

Originally posted by c00ushion
[fen]6r1/pR3p2/8/P6p/2P2n2/2k2P1p/5P2/5K2 w - - 0 51[/fen]
This was a Game that I played here at RHP and It was forced Mate in 4 and I resigned, In this Situation what is Whites Best Move and...
Capturing a Piece is not the correct Answer...
Umm...how can White have a 'best' move if he is being mated by force?

c
I'll take the Draw

NewBridge,Ireland

Moves
04 Sep 07

LOL, well that is a point but I'm just asking to maybe Throw his Enemy off its not Forced if he Enemy makes a few blunders I guess a Better Question might be whats the best move to maybe Delay Mate...?

FL

Moves
05 Sep 07
1 edit

LOL, well that is a point but I'm just asking to maybe Throw his Enemy off its not Forced if he Enemy makes a few blunders I guess a Better Question might be whats the best move to maybe Delay Mate...?

c

Moves
05 Sep 07

Resign. Then mate is delayed by infinite number of moves.

d

Moves
05 Sep 07

Rc3+ then Ke1 is what I would play if I was momentarily transformed into an annoying person.

c

Moves
05 Sep 07

Originally posted by doodinthemood
Rc3+ then Ke1 is what I would play if I was momentarily transformed into an annoying person.
1. Rb8 would be mate on 5th mov I think.

c
I'll take the Draw

NewBridge,Ireland

Moves
05 Sep 07

Lol well the point was to delay mate, in this case youd pretty need an IQ of dirt not to be able to find mate as white but I'd move my remaining rook to check the king, pretty much hanging him, I've seen weirder things happen a Player taking his mind off the mate to take out a few extra men.

Thanks for the Replies guys

c

Moves
05 Sep 07

Lol well the point was to delay mate, in this case youd pretty need an IQ of dirt not to be able to find mate as white but I'd move my remaining rook to check the king, pretty much hanging him, I've seen weirder things happen a Player taking his mind off the mate to take out a few extra men.

Thanks for the Replies guys
But if you check with rook it will be mate on Blacks 4th move. If you play Rb8 it will be on 5th move.

p
Iron Pillar

Backside of desert

Moves
26 Sep 07
1 edit

Rb8 is only move that delays longer than 4

analysis by Chessmaster 8000