Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

1. Standard member c00ushion
    I'll take the Draw
    04 Sep '07 21:38

This was a Game that I played here at RHP and It was forced Mate in 4 and I resigned, In this Situation what is Whites Best Move and...
    Capturing a Piece is not the correct Answer...
  2. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    04 Sep '07 23:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by c00ushion
    [fen]6r1/pR3p2/8/P6p/2P2n2/2k2P1p/5P2/5K2 w - - 0 51[/fen]
    This was a Game that I played here at RHP and It was forced Mate in 4 and I resigned, In this Situation what is Whites Best Move and...
    Capturing a Piece is not the correct Answer...
    Umm...how can White have a 'best' move if he is being mated by force?
  3. Standard member c00ushion
    I'll take the Draw
    04 Sep '07 23:30
    LOL, well that is a point but I'm just asking to maybe Throw his Enemy off its not Forced if he Enemy makes a few blunders I guess a Better Question might be whats the best move to maybe Delay Mate...?
  4. 05 Sep '07 00:03 / 1 edit
    LOL, well that is a point but I'm just asking to maybe Throw his Enemy off its not Forced if he Enemy makes a few blunders I guess a Better Question might be whats the best move to maybe Delay Mate...?
  5. 05 Sep '07 02:47
    Resign. Then mate is delayed by infinite number of moves.
  6. 05 Sep '07 06:57
    Rc3+ then Ke1 is what I would play if I was momentarily transformed into an annoying person.
  7. 05 Sep '07 12:06
    Originally posted by doodinthemood
    Rc3+ then Ke1 is what I would play if I was momentarily transformed into an annoying person.
    1. Rb8 would be mate on 5th mov I think.
  8. Standard member c00ushion
    I'll take the Draw
    05 Sep '07 12:45
    Lol well the point was to delay mate, in this case youd pretty need an IQ of dirt not to be able to find mate as white but I'd move my remaining rook to check the king, pretty much hanging him, I've seen weirder things happen a Player taking his mind off the mate to take out a few extra men.

Thanks for the Replies guys
  9. 05 Sep '07 19:31
    Lol well the point was to delay mate, in this case youd pretty need an IQ of dirt not to be able to find mate as white but I'd move my remaining rook to check the king, pretty much hanging him, I've seen weirder things happen a Player taking his mind off the mate to take out a few extra men.

Thanks for the Replies guys
    But if you check with rook it will be mate on Blacks 4th move. If you play Rb8 it will be on 5th move.
  10. Standard member preachingforjesus
    Iron Pillar
    26 Sep '07 07:38 / 1 edit
    Rb8 is only move that delays longer than 4

analysis by Chessmaster 8000