Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Joined
    28 Mar '05
    Moves
    251
    16 Apr '05 13:031 edit
    OK here's a new one, just composed.

    Both players play perfect,
    1) white to move who wins? and how?
    2) Black to move who wins? and how?

  2. Joined
    28 Mar '05
    Moves
    251
    16 Apr '05 22:14
    nobody?

    ok i 'll give a hint. White to move it's a mate in 7.
  3. Non-Sub Recs: 0
    Joined
    08 Apr '05
    Moves
    455
    17 Apr '05 00:321 edit
    Originally posted by Siebren
    nobody?

    ok i 'll give a hint. White to move it's a mate in 7.
    Ok white wins...with a line like this......


    1.bxa6 Re1+ 2.Ka2 Rc1 3.Qxb7 Rxc3 4.Qf7 Ra3+ 5.bxa3 Rxd2+ 6.Nxd2 b5 7.Qg8#

  4. SubscriberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Joined
    18 Feb '04
    Moves
    61941
    17 Apr '05 01:271 edit
    1.Nf-h4 perhaps...(edit, nope that's not it...)
  5. Joined
    29 Feb '04
    Moves
    22
    17 Apr '05 07:38
    Originally posted by Siebren
    2) Black to move who wins? and how?
    2) Nobody.
  6. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    37890
    17 Apr '05 07:46
    Originally posted by THUDandBLUNDER
    2) Nobody.
    agreed. Black can easily draw with Qa4, for instance with perpetual check between d1 and a4.
  7. Joined
    29 Feb '04
    Moves
    22
    17 Apr '05 14:252 edits
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    agreed. Black can easily draw with Qa4, for instance with perpetual check between d1 and a4.
    3) Black to move and helpmate? and how?

    1. Qa4 Bxg7+

    😛
  8. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    37890
    17 Apr '05 14:52
    Originally posted by THUDandBLUNDER
    3) Black to move and helpmate? and how?

    1. Qa4 Bxg7+

    😛
    LOL, I mixed two variations. How about 1. ... Rf1+ 2.Bxf1 Re1+ 3.Nxe1 Qa1+ 4.Kxa1 stalemate....
  9. Joined
    28 Mar '05
    Moves
    251
    17 Apr '05 15:43
    Originally posted by phgao
    Ok white wins...with a line like this......


    1.bxa6 Re1+ 2.Ka2 Rc1 3.Qxb7 Rxc3 4.Qf7 Ra3+ 5.bxa3 Rxd2+ 6.Nxd2 b5 7.Qg8#

    correct
  10. Joined
    28 Mar '05
    Moves
    251
    17 Apr '05 15:451 edit
    Originally posted by THUDandBLUNDER
    3) Black to move and helpmate? and how?

    1. Qa4 Bxg7+

    😛
  11. Joined
    28 Mar '05
    Moves
    251
    17 Apr '05 15:48
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    LOL, I mixed two variations. How about 1. ... Rf1+ 2.Bxf1 Re1+ 3.Nxe1 Qa1+ 4.Kxa1 stalemate....
    This one is the correct move. :-)
  12. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    Court Jester
    lacking discretion
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    124059
    17 Apr '05 17:21
    Originally posted by Siebren
    correct
    1.bxa6 is about the most obvious move on the board. 😛
  13. Joined
    28 Mar '05
    Moves
    251
    18 Apr '05 09:281 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    1.bxa6 is about the most obvious move on the board. 😛
    and therefor you don't expect it to be the solution 😀 (ok ok I'll make the next one harder)
Back to Top