1. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    26 Jun '05 17:32
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    That's ok. You're not a subscriber so you don't matter.
    OK, then.

So far, Sonhouse is the only Sub who's tried to help you. And you called him 'Numbnuts'. Good luck.
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateโ„ข
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    26 Jun '05 21:51
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    OK, then.

So far, Sonhouse is the only Sub who's tried to help you. And you called him 'Numbnuts'. Good luck.
    Now that's ironic! Bowmann giving lectures about keeping on good terms with people! ๐Ÿ˜€
  3. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    26 Jun '05 21:541 edit
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Now that's ironic! Bowmann giving lectures about keeping on good terms with people! ๐Ÿ˜€
    You missed my point entirely.

Edit: Numbnuts.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 08:39
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    You missed my point entirely.

Edit: Numbnuts.
    If you mattered, I'd call you 'Numbnuts' too.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 14:32
    That's ok. You're not a subscriber so you don't matter.
    Another fool proud to have pissed away 30 bucks.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Jun '05 11:171 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Another fool proud to have pissed away 30 bucks.
    Not pissed away; proud to support this site with a small amount of money. It's a worthwhile investment both due to the benefits I receive and in order to keep a worthy site up and running.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 Jun '05 21:22
    Not pissed away; proud to support this site with a small amount of money. It's a worthwhile investment both due to the benefits I receive and in order to keep a worthy site up and running.
    Since there are servers that manage to support real-time chess without charging a penny, I'd say you've pretty much pissed your $30 away.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Jul '05 01:271 edit
    Since there are servers that manage to support real-time chess without charging a penny, I'd say you've pretty much pissed your $30 away.
    Like?

Yahoo! works off of ads it seems ("Yahoo! Games is brought to you by our sponsor" - <giant banner ad>๐Ÿ˜‰. Plus for them it's a way to get people to use Yahoo!. Do you have a sponsor who wants to support the site in return for advertising?

Russ gets nothing out of this.

Real time chess is not the same as what this site offers anyway. I prefer correspondence chess and am willing to support such a site. Are there free correspondence sites with unlimited games?
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Jul '05 04:33
    Like?

Yahoo! works off of ads it seems ("Yahoo! Games is brought to you by our sponsor" - <giant banner ad>๐Ÿ˜‰. Plus for them it's a way to get people to use Yahoo!. Do you have a sponsor who wants to support the site in return for advertising?

Russ gets nothing out of this.

Real time chess is not the same as what this site offers anyway. ...[text shortened]... nd am willing to support such a site. Are there free correspondence sites with unlimited games?
    Like the Free Internet Chess Server (FICS). There's a freeware client for it called Baba's Chess, and it has no ads.

Funny you should bring up advertising. Non-subscribers see ads on this site, so it has nothing over Yahoo.

"Russ gets nothing out of this" -- wtf?! He gets $$ from the lot of you subscribers, and still runs ads on the non-subs. Hah!

Some real-time servers deal with as much or more storage and traffic as a corr. site. They keep game histories and libraries for all their players.

I am usually not looking for many games at once, so I haven't looked very hard for other corr. sites with free unlimited games. 6 at once is sufficient.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Jul '05 11:32
    Like the Free Internet Chess Server (FICS). There's a freeware client for it called Baba's Chess, and it has no ads.

Funny you should bring up advertising. Non-subscribers see ads on [b]this
    site, so it has nothing over Yahoo.

"Russ gets nothing out of this" -- wtf?! He gets $$ from the lot of you subscribers, and still runs ads o ...[text shortened]... en't looked very hard for other corr. sites with free unlimited games. 6 at once is sufficient.[/b]
    OK. I am not interested in this discussion any more. You may have a point. I apologize for my insult to Bowmann.

I still don't think I "pissed away" my money, since this site offers me something that as far as I know is not available elsewhere - unlimited correspondence chess which I feel is worth the small fee.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Jul '05 18:46
    OK. I am not interested in this discussion any more. You may have a point. I apologize for my insult to Bowmann.

I still don't think I "pissed away" my money, since this site offers me something that as far as I know is not available elsewhere - unlimited correspondence chess which I feel is worth the small fee.
    It's hard to believe there aren't any free sites offering unlimited correspondence games. I'd bet there are some out there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree