Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    24 Jun '05 01:34
    I will post a random sentence from the RHP forums. Please find the thread, the page, and the poster's name.

    So fossils are Satan's way of tricking people into believing that the Earth is 3.45 billion years old
  2. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    24 Jun '05 04:01
    Apparently no one said it. And of course, RHP's search results MUST be right, mustn't they?

    And even if someone had, they should have said 4.6 billion years. Unless they said it over a billion years ago. Which is unlikely.
  3. 24 Jun '05 05:41
    thread 25511 page 1 poster AThousandYoung
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    24 Jun '05 07:13
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Apparently no one said it. And of course, RHP's search results MUST be right, mustn't they?

    And even if someone had, they should have said 4.6 billion years. Unless they said it over a billion years ago. Which is unlikely.
    Someone besides me said it.
  5. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    24 Jun '05 11:26
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I will post a random sentence from the RHP forums. Please find the thread, the page, and the poster's name.

    [b]So fossils are Satan's way of tricking people into believing that the Earth is 3.45 billion years old
    [/b]
    well the 3.4 billion year old thing means they were in a
    specific time period of scientific advance because in the 19th
    century they were thinking the earth was maybe 100 million years
    old and the billion year figures didn't come in till about 1940
    I think. As we got better at pegging time figures that number
    approached what we think of as the correct number today of 4.5 bil.
    So this person, had to be a man, women would not think like that,
    this dude was some kind of religious freak who maybe didn't
    follow the latest scientific research so didn't know the right number
    and the use of the word Satan indicates a more right leaning
    preacher so I would eliminate the moderates like Norman Vincent
    Peale and go right to a Pat Robertson type, or that guy, Jerry Lee
    Lewis's cousin, whats his name? So it must have been one of
    those types anyway. oh yeah, Reverand Falwell?
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    25 Jun '05 02:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    well the 3.4 billion year old thing means they were in a
    specific time period of scientific advance because in the 19th
    century they were thinking the earth was maybe 100 million years
    old and the billion year figures didn't come in till about 1940
    I think. As we got better at pegging time figures that number
    approached what we think of as the cor ...[text shortened]... sin, whats his name? So it must have been one of
    those types anyway. oh yeah, Reverand Falwell?
    Numbnuts. It's someone who posted this sentence on the Red Hot Pawn forums. Now, it may be a quote, but I want to know who posted it, not who said the original quote - if it is a quote.
  7. 25 Jun '05 03:29
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I will post a random sentence from the RHP forums. Please find the thread, the page, and the poster's name.

    [b]So fossils are Satan's way of tricking people into believing that the Earth is 3.45 billion years old
    [/b]
    I can't find his name. But he looks like a black reverend. Him?
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    25 Jun '05 16:27
    Originally posted by Shiny Knight
    I can't find his name. But he looks like a black reverend. Him?
    Find the post itself and give the address to the page with the post please!
  9. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    25 Jun '05 17:01
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Find the post itself and give the address to the page with the post please!
    Why?
  10. 25 Jun '05 17:52 / 1 edit
    We couldn't find any results containing "fossils are satan's way of tricking people". Consider: "fossils are satan's way of trucking people"

    (msn)
    Edit: I really tried I did.
  11. 26 Jun '05 08:24
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I will post a random sentence from the RHP forums. Please find the thread, the page, and the poster's name.

    [b]So fossils are Satan's way of tricking people into believing that the Earth is 3.45 billion years old
    [/b]
    So fossils are Satan's way of tricking people into believing that the Earth is 3.45 billion years old

    I wrote this now: so thread = 'who wrote this'
    page = 1
    poster's name = florrat

    you wrote this too: so thread = 'who wrote this
    page = 1
    poster's name = AThousandYoung

    I don't think that you wanted such answers
  12. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    26 Jun '05 13:58
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Why?
    Cause I told you to biatch.
  13. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    26 Jun '05 13:59
    Originally posted by Florrat
    So fossils are Satan's way of tricking people into believing that the Earth is 3.45 billion years old

    I wrote this now: so thread = 'who wrote this'
    page = 1
    poster's name = florrat

    you wrote this too: so thread = 'who wrote this
    page = 1
    poster's name = AThousandYoung

    I don't think that you wanted such answers
    Darn you. Darn you to heck.

    Find the real answer recruits!!!!
  14. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    26 Jun '05 17:23
    I don't understand any of this.
  15. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    26 Jun '05 17:25
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    I don't understand any of this.
    That's ok. You're not a subscriber so you don't matter.