1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52724
    25 Jan '06 19:34
    At the risk of beating a dead horse, here is the final variation:
    Same shuttle tank, rocket at one end, this time there is helium
    in the big tank. You carefully place a balloon in the center of the
    tank (of course you have scuba gear on).
    The Balloon this time instead of helium inside, you now have
    hydrogen. You fire up the rocket same as before. What happens
    to the balloon?


    No, it doesn't blow up.
  2. Joined
    24 Nov '05
    Moves
    1113
    25 Jan '06 19:38
    goes againt the motion of the rocket because hydrogen is less dense
  3. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    All My Soldiers...
    tinyurl.com/y9ls7wbl
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    25 Jan '06 23:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    At the risk of beating a dead horse, here is the final variation:
    Same shuttle tank, rocket at one end, this time there is helium
    in the big tank. You carefully place a balloon in the center of the
    tank (of course you have scuba gear on).
    The Balloon this time instead of helium inside, you now have
    hydrogen. You fire up the rocket same as before. What happens
    to the balloon?


    No, it doesn't blow up.
    It moves toward the tip of the rocket, away from the rocket motor.
  4. Joined
    24 Nov '05
    Moves
    1113
    25 Jan '06 23:39
    that's what i meant. im not good with words
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52724
    26 Jan '06 18:02
    Originally posted by ketch90
    that's what i meant. im not good with words
    Give the gentlemen the brass ring. Just wanted to see if you knew
    that hydrogen was lighter than helium. Good job all around.
    I think we can safely put this subject to rest!
  6. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Joined
    14 Feb '04
    Moves
    28719
    26 Jan '06 19:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Give the gentlemen the brass ring. Just wanted to see if you knew
    that hydrogen was lighter than helium. Good job all around.
    I think we can safely put this subject to rest!
    I'm going to hold you to that, sonhouse. The next helium balloon that pops up in this thread is going to get twisted into some very rare and disfigured animal shapes.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52724
    27 Jan '06 16:57
    Originally posted by PBE6
    I'm going to hold you to that, sonhouse. The next helium balloon that pops up in this thread is going to get twisted into some very rare and disfigured animal shapes.
    I vow on my REDHOTPAWN magic decoder ring there will never be
    another balloon problem here!
Back to Top