1. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 01:47
    This documentary site was a recent find, that looks well organised and functions well. Various science based vids by the look of it.

http://documentaryheaven.com/from-big-bang-to-us-made-easy/

Cheers
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 10:26
    Got to love the top ten most popular..."documentaries". Apollo Zero, Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed, Cannabis - The Evil Weed... Cripes! "Documentaries" have become such a powerful propaganda these days and people just lap it up completely because it's in a documentary form.

By the way, I find Collapse brilliant. They just let this guy ramble and ramble and what starts as reasonably coherent concerns progressively ends up into a "How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse" amidst tears and emotional anguish. It's funny how many reviews of the film find it "important".
  3. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 11:07
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Got to love the top ten most popular..."documentaries". Apollo Zero, Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed, Cannabis - The Evil Weed... Cripes!
    Nice to see Louis Theroux at number 2, though.
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 00:50
    Originally posted by Taoman
    This documentary site was a recent find, that looks well organised and functions well. Various science based vids by the look of it.

http://documentaryheaven.com/from-big-bang-to-us-made-easy/

Cheers
    Great to watch - but surely belongs on the Spirituality Forum? That's just the place for a quietly reasoned account of Big Bang, the history of the Cosmos, and evolution.

🙄😀
  5. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 02:321 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Great to watch - but surely belongs on the Spirituality Forum? That's just the place for a quietly reasoned account of Big Bang, the history of the Cosmos, and evolution.

🙄😀
    Yes, I posted it there too. But equally, the below has some validity for discussion on the science forum, due in part to its coming with frequent scientific references.

http://documentaryheaven.com/the-primacy-of-consciousness/
    It's by Peter Russell. It starts out a bit dry in presentation, but improves.
  6. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 02:38
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Got to love the top ten most popular..."documentaries". Apollo Zero, Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed, Cannabis - The Evil Weed... Cripes! "Documentaries" have become such a powerful propaganda these days and people just lap it up completely because it's in a documentary form.

By the way, I find Collapse brilliant. They just let this guy ramble and ramb ...[text shortened]... rs and emotional anguish. It's funny how many reviews of the film find it "important".
    Yes, oh well, plenty to choose from. You are right about the "documentary" as a form of propaganda sometimes, and swallowed wholeheartedly. Discernment, as ever, required. I see them more often as stimulating to thought. I am a bit of nature freak, so like the informative nature docos.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 11:17
    Originally posted by Taoman
    Yes, oh well, plenty to choose from. You are right about the "documentary" as a form of propaganda sometimes, and swallowed wholeheartedly. Discernment, as ever, required. I see them more often as stimulating to thought. I am a bit of nature freak, so like the informative nature docos.
    Well said. I appreciate the site, my post was more of a comment on what people are watching and how they form opinions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree